• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chainmail Updates: [updated]

cantrip

Explorer
This morning I went to nwvault with the intent of seeing if beta8 was released. For some reason I didn't actually read the page, I just left it open on the screen...
Anyway beta8 is out and over 500 people have downloaded it already:)

cantrip

Explorer
After a quick(4h?) test:
Strongholds last through resets!
Forges produce useful items!

Also, by default subraces are disabled. And autosave too, but hopefully that isn't even necessary.

Hmm.. I can't seem to get subraces working at all.

dpdx

Explorer
Forges worked for me, too - Thanks, Neo! You're one hell of a DM!

I'd make one change (if it were possible): a chance, when forging, to rename the item yourself or have it renamed automatically based on the enhancement. This might be a lot of work making it user-selectable, but, for example, when I add an enhancement to a masterwork waraxe, it adjusts everything properly (enhancement, value, effects) BUT it still says "Dwarven waraxe (Masterwork)."

Again, totally cosmetic, I know it's a lot of work, and I'd help code (DB of names based on power, for example - I've seen it done) if we needed it, but it would be a welcome change.

Off to try the stronghold...

Neo

Explorer
dpdx said:
Forges worked for me, too - Thanks, Neo! You're one hell of a DM!

Glad you had a good time dpdx, I hope everyone enjoyed the various encounters, quests and events I ran on the ENWorld server..they were fun to do.

Greylock

First Post
That's what I'm gonna miss the most, DMs like you Neo. Morrus had the best, and I've never found a PW with folks like you all. As I've said elsewhere today, so many DMs online are little dictators. You guys were always about fun, and I appreciate all you did.

Neo

Explorer
Greylock said:
That's what I'm gonna miss the most, DMs like you Neo. Morrus had the best, and I've never found a PW with folks like you all. As I've said elsewhere today, so many DMs online are little dictators. You guys were always about fun, and I appreciate all you did.

Kind words Greylock, and greatly appreciated.

I am happy I was able to give people a positive opinion of our little Persistent World while it lasted.

Chaz

First Post
Just in case anyone is interested... :)

Name: kadamait
IP Logged: 4.63.xxx.xxx
E-mail: kadamait@hotmail.com
Date: 03/15/05 21:12
Report this post: One click process

Subraces have not been fully-finished, so they may encounter problems. I will be posting another update; "CHAINMAIL Beta 8b", which might fix some of their issues. Also, this 8b beta will include fixes to help low level characters survive their first few levels.

Also, once the MySQL stack bug is identified (along with other annoying bugs) those fixes will be included in a beta build revision.

thanks,
--k

Peace

EN_blakman

First Post
Greylock said:
Yes, that hits the mark! I really felt welcome and free to play the style that i wanted and had always a lot of fun when i teamed up with anyone of you. And the DMs indeed enhanced the gaming experience and didn't control it.

Remove ads