• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Challenge: draw Gygax's "Yuletide Beast"

Conaill

First Post
Hi all,

Gary Gygax dropped by the General board for some holiday wishes, which led to the following exchange:

Piratecat said:
Originally posted by Col_Pladoh
Yuletide best.
Gary
For some reason, I read "Yuletide beast." I bet it has claws.

So here's a challenge for all you creative people: come up with some sort of interpretation of what such a "Yuletide Beast" might look like.

Personally, I had this image of a beast that dangles some mistletoe as a lure in front of it's mouth, waiting for unsuspecting revelers to pass by, but feel free to let your inspiration run wild. Slouching towards Bethlehem, caricatures of G.G., stat blocks, whatever! :D

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Conaill said:
Hi all,

So here's a challenge for all you creative people: come up with some sort of interpretation of what such a "Yuletide Beast" might look like.

An antlered monster with a log-like body, many legs, and a sack-like maw that it disgourges to devour its prey?

Hmmm... That's my first pass at creating the Yuletide beast. As for drawing, well, where's the water?

Heh,
Gary

Conaill

First Post
Here's a pic I stole from littlejohn's fanatsy art thread:

santa_claws_medium.jpg

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
A Good One!

Kywyn,

I take it the ornaments on the antlers are lures, eh?

A most surreal Yuletide Beast indeed, and thanks for doing it, as it is a good one indeed:)

Cheers,
Gary

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads