• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Challenging my high-lvl group (NPCs and monsters; my players shouldn't read this!)

Akin Ringpeace

First Post
I should think the odd thing about meeting people who live quite so far "down under" is that they've never seen the sun at all.

Aeos? What's that? And why has your circle shape emblem got a jagged edge?

Somewhere inthe bazzar there's a vendor of --uh--bioluminescent mold? Or, uh, a hat monger who sells hats with blobs of luminescent stuff on 'em. Or those kind of shoes that light up when you step on 'em.

Or elixirs that improve your infravision. Or dampen your own heat aura. Cold and quiet is as good as invisible to an underworlder in the dark, eh? Shawls of chilliness.(Watm and toasty inside, dead cold outside)

How about artwork that isn't meant to be "seen" at all? It's all done in texture and heat.

Fabrics of spun fungus. Leather goods made from amphibious albino things.

Deelies you can buy that help you feel when the ceiling is suddenly getting low, so you don't bang your head. Strap on whiskers so you can gauge whether a tunnel opening will be wide enough for your body. Barbels that can sense electrical currents in the air so you can tell when a living thing is approaching--no wait--electricity is too tech--they pick up infinitesimal smells so you can taste what's happening around you . . . that would work on undead too.

And I'd love to see Nolin walking around with deelies and barbels stuck on.

Don't forget the look on Tao's riding lizard's face when they walk past the fried mice stand . ..

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We game on Thursdays - tonight!

And I have to tell you, you guys are a tremendous help. Akin, you have the best useful posts/total posts ratio I've ever seen! :D

Tonight, the PCs will probably reach the little trading post of Akin's Seep, a mushroom-filled cavern filled with all kinds of fun. Whoo hoo!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Not as touched as the PCs will be when they eat fried mice.

Really, there's lots of good ideas here; for instance, I'm going to change Incognito's idea a bit and maybe have someone offering to make clones of people who pay enough... and leave some of their flesh behind, of course. I also have something planned with children, too, straight out of the Book of Vile Darkness. This will be fun.

Kaodi, where is Monster of Legend from? As it turns out, a kuo toa will need to figure prominently in an upcoming adventure, and seeing a badass kuo toa is just the thing! You may want to see Kamakazi Midget's writeup on Blibdoolpoolp if you haven't already; it's pretty sweet.

Bill Muench

First Post
Piratecat said:
Kaodi, where is Monster of Legend from? As it turns out, a kuo toa will need to figure prominently in an upcoming adventure, and seeing a badass kuo toa is just the thing! You may want to see Kamakazi Midget's writeup on Blibdoolpoolp if you haven't already; it's pretty sweet.

Monster Manual II, page 213. While nifty, I've found the template rather bland, personally.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm sorry, did I say they were headed to the nice safe trading post? What I MEANT to say is that they were taking on a horrible undead force sent to wipe them out completely, that I thought they would avoid!

Hoo boy. This will be an interesting battle.

Grim

First Post
will you include the Githzerai "task force" in said battle? need more undead goodness? 'Cause I have even more devious evil bubbleing in my head....

Kaodi

Hero
Cleric Levels

How much badass is required here? 12, 15 or 18 cleric levels of badass (plus the badass template, naturally).

Remove ads