Chameleon Skink, interesting level 9 minion

LordArchaon

Explorer
chameleonskinkmt2.png

Chameleon Skinks are a subspecies of skink that have a number of characteristic peculiarities that distinguish them. The Chameleons are more aggressive than other Skinks, and their role centres on scouting, infiltration, concealment and hunting. They are able to move to within yards of their target without being noticed, due to their chameleonic skin that can shift in texture and colour in a heartbeat to match the surroundings. Chameleon Skinks have large protruding eyes that can move independently, allowing them to see all around them while remaining perfectly motionless. Indeed, they have been known to stay unmoving for hours on end, awaiting the perfect moment to launch an ambush.

chameleonskinkstatsrw8.png

CHAMELEON SKINK TACTICS
Chameleon skinks are ambush hunters that usually wait for their enemies without moving, using their camouflage, in order to surprise them attacking from behind and/or from the top of trees or high and steep surfaces they reach with their perfect climbing skills.
They try to exploit the maximum range of their blowpipes and the ability to make multiple rapid shots. Then they usually shift farther from the enemy while maintaining camouflage and wait for the poison to have its confounding effect on affected targets before attacking again.
If spotted, they escape as fast as possible trying to reach deep water to dive and stay there indefinitely.

These are from the Warhammer Lizardmen miniatures range. The "Coldblooded Mind" feature is a conversion of their high chances of resisting "psychology" effects. Not sure how much it could be useful on a minion, but given that I'd like to convert and create more of these lizardmen, I wanted the feature for consistency (much like orcs minions all share the characteristic speedy charge with other orcs).
As with my Varghulf, I pretty much appreciate feedback, review, critiques and math/balance double-checking.

Last edited:

LordArchaon

Explorer
I noticed other minions have 1/3 their level instead of 1/2 as a bonus to their stats.
I'm much more puzzled with their defenses, which, as of now, don't seem to follow a clear pattern in the examples we've seen.

Remove ads