Chaosium Doing Rivers of London RPG

This weekend, Cthulhu stalwarts Chaosium announced that they would be bringing us a role-playing game based on Ben Aaronovitch's urban-fantasy Rivers of London series.

It's at an early stage -- they're still putting the team together -- but it will use elements of their Basic Role-playing System, with additional customised rules.

ben-rivers.png

"Ann Arbor, MI, November 30, 2019—Chaosium Inc. and author Ben Aaronovitch are pleased to announce that Chaosium has acquired the rights to produce the Rivers of London Roleplaying Game, based on Aaronovitch’s best-selling urban fantasy fiction chronicling the world of the Folly. The game will use elements of the company’s Basic Roleplaying system, as well as original, customized rules to reflect the series’ inventive take on the fantastic—from Newtonian magic to the strange powers wielded by the rivers and other supernatural beings that inhabit the popular novels and comics.

Lynne Hardy, associate line editor for Call of Cthulhu and Rivers project lead, says, “I started reading Peter Grant’s adventures a few years ago and knew right away that the Folly would make a marvelous setting for an investigatory fantasy game. Ben was intrigued about the potential for a Rivers of London RPG when I broached the idea at a book signing late last year. After a meeting in London in April, we entered negotiations to secure the license.”

“I’ve been an RPG player since the original D&D so I’m terribly excited and honoured to have Rivers of London turned into a proper roleplaying game and especially because it’s with Chaosium, who produced Pendragon and Call of Cthulhu and such brilliant adaptations as Elric!” adds Aaronovitch.

Chaosium is currently assembling the creative team that will produce the game’s core rulebook. That team will be working closely with Aaronovitch on its development and presentation."

I guess players will be members of the Folly or associated police or hangers on. Can't see player character Rivers being a thing nor the allowing them to be Fae.

Count_Zero

Adventurer
I guess players will be members of the Folly or associated police or hangers on. Can't see player character Rivers being a thing nor the allowing them to be Fae.

Agreed - considering that the last couple of novels have expanded the number of members of the Met who have been brought on with handling "Falcon"/"Silly Bollocks" cases (depending on who you ask), and we've slowly been adding the number of Folly sanctioned Practitioners as well.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases