WOIN Character build questions

Grave Knight

Explorer
Firstly, in Step 5 it says to "Select Aim or Feint (free universal exploits) plus one other exploit of your choice for which you qualify." Does that include Career Exploits, for example if I took Firemage could I pick up Fire Resistance, or is it only Universal Exploits?

Secondly, Firebolt says that it "[uses] your MAG attribute" but no where does it mention skill. I saw somewhere someone referencing the use of Evocation but the book isn't really clear about that. Does it use Evocation or is it a strait MAG roll?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
1) Only Universal Exploits. You only qualify for a career exploit by taking a career grade:

2) You can always use a relevant skills and equipment when making an attribute checks. That’s a general rule; it’s not spelled out each time an attribute check is mentioned.

Grave Knight

Explorer
Have another question, or rather more of a confirmation. If an item normally has a cost of 0, for example the Quarterstaff, and I decide I want an "High Quality" version the final price of it would be 100gc (0 x 3 + 100), right?

EDIT: How much does a Gold Coin and Silver Coin weight?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Spot on. Your mathematical skills are to be commended! :)

The weight of a coin isn’t explicit, but I’d say 10 to the pound is reasonable.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks, didn't even know about that.

Also, what does the Armor skill do? Before it was talking about needing a Minimum Skill rating to take advantage of better quality armor.

OLD is in the process of being updated to being brought in line with NEW v1.2.

The changes re. armor are:

1) Equipment skill requirements remain for equipment quality in normal mode, but are removed in cinematic mode
2) Armour skill ranks deduct directly from DEF penalties caused by heavier armour.

Remove ads