Character Builder Status

MadmanMike83

Explorer
I should also point out, for those now arguing the necessity of the character builder, that no new 4e material has been entered into the Compendium (I checked Bladelings and Hobgoblins) either so if players want to use new material they must refer to the full issue of Dragon.

While I think creating a character from the books, or even from the compendium, is certainly possible it is not in any way ideal. Particularly as characters advance in level (how many pages of a character sheet does a 14th level Wizard use?) the difficulty of maintaining your character will definitely increase.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
While I think creating a character from the books, or even from the compendium, is certainly possible it is not in any way ideal. Particularly as characters advance in level (how many pages of a character sheet does a 14th level Wizard use?) the difficulty of maintaining your character will definitely increase.

There are some tablet character sheets that will still be around to make maintaining your character easy. I have i4e and while it imports data from the CB files to create your character sheet it also allows you to enter custom powers, items, feats, etc. It certainly will take longer but there are options out there to maintain your character relatively easily.

Remove ads