• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Character Creation] [VtR] nWoD Vampire Game

WarShrike

First Post
I'm generally content about how you handled the fights, it's just that now and then, i'm gonna want to go all out attack and i wouldn't mind knowing how wielding 2 weapons works. Usually i will stick with the defensive wakizashi routine i think.

Like with Blackcoat. I knew there was no way i'd win, i just wanted to lose with style. I didn't call an all out attack because i figured the fight might last more than 1 turn and i'd need my defense.

WarShrike

First Post
Graf said:
War,

You said you'd been playing around with Biggs a bit. Do you like Invisible Castle? I use it because I'm used to it.

Yeah, i like it. It's the only online dice roller i've ever tried, and i think it works fine.

Graf

Explorer
WarShrike said:
I'm generally content about how you handled the fights, it's just that now and then, i'm gonna want to go all out attack and i wouldn't mind knowing how wielding 2 weapons works. Usually i will stick with the defensive wakizashi routine i think.
Generally speaking it's very difficult (=impossible) to get multiple actions/attacks in a round. Having said that...

FS:TWF *** lets you attack one person twice in a round. BUT you get no defense. And if you've -already- used your defense against an attack that round you CAN'T make two attacks.
(Period. So if someone attacks you and you've already used defense you can't use the double strike)
TWF **** lets you make two attacks against different opponents, with exactly the same restrictions as the *** ability.

In both cases the second attack is at -1 die.

WarShrike said:
Like with Blackcoat. I knew there was no way i'd win, i just wanted to lose with style.
I thought you did very well actually against her. At least for the first attack.
The problem was really that she rolled well on her first response and that prevented you from taking your next action. FS:Box is surprisingly useful.

Graf

Explorer
Bloodweaver1 said:
I'll post a reply for Cole in a bit, came down with a nasty virus and I am still in a bit of recovery.

-Blood
No problems. I hate being sick. Hope you're feeling better.

And I owe Archer and Jemal both responses right now anyway.
And Beth's sample preview.

Graf

Explorer
WarShrike said:
I enjoyed reading the NPCs conversation. :)
Then that's very cool. It popped into my head almost immediately after your first "want to play a vampire hunter". (sorta, I think it changed a bit but can't remember which parts)

This weekend is turning out to be basically impossible for me.
Will resume posting starting Monday sometime.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Jemal

Adventurer
Hey all, been busy with the holidays, but I've finally gotten my Vampire book (yay), and am reading through it.
Not meaning to rush you, Graf (Specially since I understand how hectic life can be, and with the holdidays, etc), but I was wondering if you've got any info/answers for me RE: my char?

(BTW, I've decided to just bank his resource merit points since you don't want them at the start. I'd planned on him still having access to his past resources/etc b/c he's been planning this for over a decade, so it makes sense to keep them until you're ready for them to be available, I guess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads