Pathfinder 1E Character ideas for indecisive player

Calthropstu

Villager
His first idea was a sorcerer with the Yog Sothoth bloodline, but it didn't survive idea processing. I suggested Magus because yeah. He seemed iffy. I suggested trying Eldritch Knight. Again, meh. Since I am a highly permissive GM only shooting down the stuff that is highly overpowered, I am pretty open to most things. So I am thinking of presenting him with three options he can choose.

One option is an eldritch rewrite of dragon disciple.
Another option is straight brawler sorcerer.
But trying to make a 3rd. Maybe an eldritch version of the black blade magus?

Just looking for some suggestions myself. I have a lot to do to prepare for session 1 in 2 days and writing these is going to take some effort.

aco175

Legend
Why are you making his character? If he is new and does not understand as much, you/he should be making a easier to play PC, otherwise you may be just asking for stops and questions all during play. If the player does not care that much to make a PC, then just make a couple easy options and have him deal with it. You have better places to put your effort into.

aglondier

Explorer
If this is his first character, go back a step. He needs something relatively uncomplicated to cut his gaming teeth on. A chromatic dragon blooded sorceror with a suite of appropriately elemental spells is straightforward enough that he can learn how the system works while still being able to do cool things. The new guy at my table is playing a black dragon blooded elven sorceror named Carlander the Black, and was thrilled to get Acid Ball (fireball but acid) this last levelup.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases