• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Level Up Approvals

jbear

First Post
Hi Aura,

Thanks for looking at Relic. SK pretty much always checked Relic's sheet. I was not even aware that augment summoning had a prerequesite. I am not sure if there was something else that Relic had that somehow got around this pre requisite... SK always seemed very thorough. This was taken at level 5 ... years ago now ... If this is a genuine mistake I'm not sure the best way to fix it. I would suggest that Relic sacrifice a feat before he took Augment SUmmoning. He could swap dodge for Spell FOcus: COnjuration, if currently having Augment Summoning is not legal.

As for Darkvision, Relic's curse improves even if he is not gaining levels in Oracle, 2 levels in another class equates to a level in Oracle for the purposes of calculating the power of his curse.
He has 1 + 6 levels (effective level 7) at the moment. At level 5 his darkvision increases to 60ft, opening up that feat possibility for him. He aquired it at level 11, so 1 Oracle level + 5 wizard levels (half of 10) = effective curse level 6. Pretty sure this is legit.

Aura

Explorer
Hey, jbear,

You're right about the oracle curse thing--I never knew non-class levels contributed in any way, but they do. So you're good to go on that. Glad I asked. As an aside, I've been considering somehow adapting Tamarie to an Orcale half-breed, so it's a good thing to know. :)

As for Augment Summoning, since it's a legacy issue there is really a wide range of ways to fix it up. I would pick 'nix Dodge' approach, if it were me. You'll probably never miss it.

I'm guessing it's a simple mistake, no worries about that. People do that kind of thing. I did notice SK reviewed your character a lot of times in a row and I know, from experience, that the same mistake can slip past the same set of eyes time and time again in those situations. To me, it just jumped off the page because I'd just been confronted by the issue on Tamarie.

Once you've decided which fix to Augment Summoning you wish to pursue, let me know and we'll get you tidied up and ready for adventure. :)

jbear

First Post
Ok, that's great. Thanks, and yes I know what you mean about looking at something with new eyes. I don't know how I didn't realise that feat had a prerequisite. I will nix Dodge and replace with Spell Focus: Conjuration. I will check in here again when I have updated that on Relic's sheet.

jbear

First Post
Resubmitting Relic Nevyn
Changed Dodge for pre requisite Spell Focus Conjuration to meet the feat requirements of later feats chosen.
Added spells learnt in DWI (I think they are properly learnt tomorrow but I don't imagine I will be going anywhere before then so I think its best I make use of the time I have now to update that on sheet and get it reviewed that it has been added correctly.

Hopely the old guy is ready to go this time!
Cheers :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
belay this, I went and screwed with his stuff.

I will need the math of inventory double checked, please

Heinrich is ready for level 12 approval

Level 12
Class: Wizard
BAB: +5 to +6/+1
Fort: +3 to +4
Ref: +3 to +4
Will: +7 to +8
Features: spells 4/4/4/4/3/2
HP: 50
Skill Pts: 132
Skills Improved: Appraise; fly x2;Knowledge: Arcana, nobility; perception; spellcraft, stealth x2;
Spells gained: Summon Monster 6, disintegrate
Ability improved: Wisdom

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Heinrich_Schreibersen_(Scott_DeWar)

ready again!!!!

resubmitting as a gentle reminder he needs approval.

Aura

Explorer
Looking at Heinrich:
I made some minor fixes, neutral or in his favor:[sblock=disclosure]Specified your Ablative Armor bonus as type Armor.
Credited with Int 24 (not 22), Int Mod still +7.
Spell DC’s all increased by 1 (they were stilll based on +6).
Added one 3rd, 5th and 6th level spells to daily allotment, corrected math in total lines below. You can pick which spells to prepare.[/sblock]
Then I ran into a problem with his skills and Headband of Vast Intellect. It appears you got a little tripped up in the math on how the extra skills from a magical device are accounted. Not to worry, it's kinda a pain, but it's fixable. Allow me to explain:

Skill Ranks granted by the headband do not stack with your native skills. The simplest way of thinking of a +4 Int headband is not that it increases your Int Mod from +5 to +7 for number of skill ranks received, but rather that it grants two skills at max rank separate from normal skill point allocations. Treating it as a bonus to your skill rank total can be done, but it gets particularly messy if you already have skill ranks in the skills the headband grants—you then have to depreciate the number of skill ranks granted by the headband by the number of skill ranks you have in each of the skills it grants. It’s up there with about as much fun as doing taxes.

Reverting your Int Mod to +5 for purposes of native skills yields 108 skill points to play with (more than the 99 native skill points you had at 11th level). It looks like you’ve chosen Kn:Dungeoneering and Kn:planes as your headband skills (so I tagged the Kn:plans appropriately), but the latter can still be re-allocated. I imported the number of skill ranks in Kn:planes from your level 11 build (9 on that). This puts you at 120-something native skill ranks before the extra ranks from the headband are added in. You’ll have to decide how you want to balance them and then we can proceed.

I’d like to recommend changing the second granted skill from the headband from Kn:planes to Kn:Nobility. Reduce the number of native skill ranks in Kn:Nobility to 0, your level 11 value. That will help trim things down. Kn:Local may also be a good choice as your second headband skill, even though you’ve got one native point there already. It gets asked for by DMs more than Kn:Nobility in most cases.

See if working with just your native skill points (108) first and then adding the two max skills from the headband makes it more direct.

Remove ads