• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
Alright... I think I have finally finished Doren up... let me know what you think judges and non-judges!!

The only remaining concern I have is that the online listing of Blessed Touch references to a document outside the allowed sources list. (Pathfinder Player Companion: Champions of Purity is what I get from the pfsrd.) However, I have never seen this trait so I don't know first hand where it comes from.

Rathan

First Post
The only remaining concern I have is that the online listing of Blessed Touch references to a document outside the allowed sources list. (Pathfinder Player Companion: Champions of Purity is what I get from the pfsrd.) However, I have never seen this trait so I don't know first hand where it comes from.

OK! I changed the trait so everything shooouuuuld be ok LOL

Aura

Explorer
Final Check: Doren Kane

Looks good. The only error I found was a minor one in equipment: level 1 potions are 50gp purchase price each, not 25gp. I suspect you may have been thinking the cost to make one. As a quick fix, I trimmed the number you got for your 50gp to one. I don't normally do this, but with 100% sell back, you can go and make another selection if you wish, even before the first adventure.

STAMP! Doren Kane has his first, non-judge APPROVAL.

Feel fee to participate in roleplay in the Dunn Wright Inn until you have your judge approval and a DM sending out invites to adventure.

Aura

Explorer
Final Look: Hawk

Everything seems to be in order. I'm not sure what the situation on the regional language rule is going to be, so I won't be worrying about that in your approval.

I'll voice support for the idea of a little gear outside of sword and armor. Downgrading 2h sword to bastard sword (usable 2h as martial weapon) or chain shirt to studded leather would provide sufficient funds. However, I also have this mental image of a little halfling with a sign, "Will adventure for food," so I'm gonna give the initial approval and let you decide.

Feel free to join in the roleplay in the Dunn Wright Inn as you await second approval and a DM adventure invite.

STAMP! Hawk has one non-judge APPROVAL!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Starting Languages

My recollection concerning starting languages and the free regional language is the same as Systole and Mowgli's: if your native language is the common language then you don't get the bonus language.

Aura

Explorer
My recollection concerning starting languages and the free regional language is the same as Systole and Mowgli's: if your native language is the common language then you don't get the bonus language.

Assuming the judges line up on this (and it's getting closer already), then it would be just a matter of rephrasing the issue under the 'Creating a Character' page on the wiki and possibly fixing a handful of characters (ahem, Charity comes to mind) to reflect the intent? Doesn't sound too bad.

Satin Knights

First Post
I will chime in as the fourth judge of four needed in this thread to say, yeah, that is how it should be. Aura, you can go adjust the wiki with an appropriate fix.

If you want to find the conversation where it all was originally, you can follow the Proposal link to post 38 where it came up. It did get four non-formal approvals from judges, so the wiki should reflect that now.

Aura

Explorer
Aura, you can go adjust the wiki with an appropriate fix.

Reworded the Languages section in "Creating a Character" to read:
"Characters may select from their list of racially permitted languages or from Living Pathfinder's list of approved languages if it has been added to their list of languages. In addition to racial languages and Common (aka Low Landellian or Venzan), each character originating from outside Venza gets one free regional language to speak (see the above-linked page for full details on regional languages)."

Changes: Added clarification of Common also being Low Landellian or Venzan, added language specifying only non-Venzan characters got the extra regional language.

Fixed Charity to conform to the rule's intent. Now she's down to only conceptually-necessary languages.

Remove ads