Check Out These Peeks At CURSE OF STRAHD

Curse of Strahd is approaching fast. Here's a few quick, early peeks at the book itself, and of one of the miniatures from Gale Force Nine! These include the book, a glimpse of the fold-out map, Strahd's miniature astride is Nightmare steed, the full set of Tarokka cards, and some art from the book.

Curse of Strahd is approaching fast. Here's a few quick, early peeks at the book itself, and of one of the miniatures from Gale Force Nine! These include the book, a glimpse of the fold-out map, Strahd's miniature astride is Nightmare steed, the full set of Tarokka cards, and some art from the book.

CbmVlEAUEAAjJWT.jpg

Folks out map at the back of the book

CbmVRo1UcAAYTnF.jpg

The book itself

CbmU7yOUUAEq00n.jpg

Strahd on his Nightmare steed

CazfXavUEAA_5l_.jpg

Tarokka cards (separately from Game Force Nine)

Cbg8q_CVAAACA0V.jpg

Awesome art

Cbb3leVUkAAkAbl.jpg

More awesome art
SaveSaveSaveSave

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
I want all of you to know that I specifically asked Wizards to bring back pull out maps; they do listen to feedback on those surveys :)

Nice to make more use of the nightmare steed, definitely. Re: Barovia, looks pretty similar to I6 but nicer art style.

(I say all of this as being That Guy who already started a 5e conversion of I6 before the announcement of CoS...so seeing not too many changes is a relief!)

dave2008

Legend
Yes, unfortunately I like Chris's version better than the color version in the adventure! It's so crisp and clean. However, I do have one issue with the design of the house:

[sblock]
The house clearly has an attic/4th floor from the exterior image, thus clearly known to anyone who is entering the house. Yet, the only access to the attic is via a secret door. It's not much of a secret if you know its going to be there somewhere. Not a big issue, but it bother's me a little.
[/sblock]

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
However, I do have one issue with the design of the house:

Re your spoiler, it could be seen as a feature rather than a bug.

[sblock]
People who previously visited the house wouldn't have thought about going to the attic anyway, unless they were invited there for some reason. And for the adventuring party, it will make the players feel really clever if they notice it and realize that they have to search for secret doors.
[/sblock]

dave2008

Legend
Re your spoiler, it could be seen as a feature rather than a bug.

Well I didn't say it was a bug, just that I had an issue with it. I'm all for secret passages (there are more in the house as well), but I prefer they be well - secret. I see how it could be a feature for the adventure (that way the PCs know to look for a door), I just don't understand the reason for someone putting in a secret door to a location everyone knows is there.

Remove ads

Remove ads