• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

5E Check out this beautiful Sword Coast print!

Mepher

Explorer
Has anyone tried their standard poster print yet? New user discount is $4.99 each for 24x36. Was considering ordering a whole bunch of prints if they are good. I would like to get the full sized sword coast map in vinyl but I could do everything else in poster print if the quality is good.

C

ColinCoump

Check out this beautiful Sword Coast print

Hell yeah Bout time they step up Now wheres a real high performance ram?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Has anyone tried their standard poster print yet? New user discount is $4.99 each for 24x36. Was considering ordering a whole bunch of prints if they are good. I would like to get the full sized sword coast map in vinyl but I could do everything else in poster print if the quality is good.
Don't know but based on the vinyl I think you won't be disappointed.

pedro2112

Villager
Bought the hi res map from Mike's website and had it printed out on nice paper in 3' X 5' format. Quite pricey, but well worth it! Still need to determine whether to get it framed, and if so, what type of frame.

Olaf the Stout

Adventurer
My Dessarin Valley vinyl map arrived today, just in time for tonight's game!

I'll take a photo of it when I get home as I don't really want to have to explain the map to any nosy co-workers.

I got mine blown up to 48in x 30in (the actual map only covers about 40in x 30in, with 4 inches of white space at the top and bottom, due to the set dimensions the printer I went through uses).

Even at that size, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the detail holds up. No blockiness or blurriness. So cheers to Mike Schley for producing such a hi-res map.

Mepher

Explorer
Staples Blueprints are my go to for all my gaming stuff now. I just flipped the Saltmarsh map so it was oriented properly for play on the Sword Coast. Redid all the labels and rotated the compass. I printed it as a 24x36 color blueprint Sunday morning for my afternoon game. They did rush printing while I waited and it cost me less than $6 out the door.

48222611402_9207cb3fa8_k.jpg

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Staples Blueprints are my go to for all my gaming stuff now. I just flipped the Saltmarsh map so it was oriented properly for play on the Sword Coast. Redid all the labels and rotated the compass. I printed it as a 24x36 color blueprint Sunday morning for my afternoon game. They did rush printing while I waited and it cost me less than $6 out the door.
That’s lovely. Kind of wish WotC had offered a flipped version of the map as it’s obviously going to be used on the Sword Coast as you say. Nicely hacked! :)

doctorbadwolf

Explorer
Man, I wish I could do that for my FR game, but our map still has the stuff from 4e that they erased, and we use too much of the rest of the continent to use the 5e map...

But the 4e map is inaccurate to it's own book's description, does a poor job of showing accurate terrain (like how forested an area is, for instance), and just isn't as nice for a print in terms of the colors and style.

Hussar

Legend

View attachment 107480
Very pretty.

And, oh look, North is at the top of the map. :D :p

Sadras

Explorer
For those in the know, is vinyl better than having it printed on canvas?
Thinking of getting a massive print for out campaigns and was considering canvas until I saw this thread.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
For those in the know, is vinyl better than having it printed on canvas?
Thinking of getting a massive print for out campaigns and was considering canvas until I saw this thread.
Depends. Canvas will give a really, really nice Ye Olde Mappe texture. Vinyl wears much, much better. I got an FR map printed on vinyl from bannerbuzz.ca and looks great, a bit grainy on the smallest fonts, but totally readable. Canvas though is different, and it will look different, but I'd imagine you'd get large the same effect.

Big difference is vinyl tends to be less expensive.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
The vinyl still has a kind of floppy feel. so it doesn’t feel plastic-y and the corners curl up in a nice way :) Not that I’ve tried it, but i believe that you can use wet erase markers on the vinyl with no trouble.

Advertisement