• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 29 is July 9th: Event Planning and GM sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
So it's of the White Wolf class of games, basically. Makes sense.

I would point out though that it is impossible to have faith in an absolute truth. It's only faith if you can't be certain.

I am resisting the urge to compare faith to insanity, but it's an absolute truth that playing characters who do insane things for faith is fun ^_^

Is there a website for this game?

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
I was toying with running Burning Empires instead of Hot War, but if I did that, I would need a table for both slots. With World Burning, Character Burning, and eventually getting down to actual play, it'll need all day.

That leaves me 2 questions:

BUZZ: Is there room for me to GM in AM and PM?

THE REST OF YOU BASTARDS: Would there be interest in playing Burning Empires as an all-day two parter?

If either receives "NO" then I'll just run Hot War like I said in the beginning, so it's a win-win for me.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
BUZZ: Is there room for me to GM in AM and PM?
Sure!

THE REST OF YOU BASTARDS: Would there be interest in playing Burning Empires as an all-day two parter?
I would be interested! It'd mean not running a game, but BE would be worth it.

Do you think this can be pulled off, though, even with back-to-back sessions? Going from world burning to character burning to scenario completion is a really tall order!

Wow... if you do this, I would be happy to help facilitate. I've run BE once before and have enough BW experience that I can help move chargen along and act as rules guy. I want to play, obviously, but I can serve as your go-to player.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games

I've been itching to play in such an event, as Buzz knows, and I might be able to dig up a couple of non-ENWorlders for it as well, if regulars aren't biting.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Then let's do this. Buzz, please change my event from Hot War to Burning Empires. I will post a write up this afternoon/evening. Also, please secure me two tables. Doesn't have to be the same table as I will need lunch time to decompress and all that.

Lastly, I've never run BE or BW before, just played. So Buzz, you're help will be much appreciated, nevermind needed!

As for whether there is time enough, I think so as long as we stay on track and take a few shortcuts. For example, I will create handouts for World Burning that have the options but not the point values so we don't get bogged down in counting and recounting. Likewise, there will be a time limit on Character Burning so we don't spend ages on that.

I like a challenge! Let's create a world then destroy it!

buzz

Adventurer
Then let's do this. Buzz, please change my event from Hot War to Burning Empires.
Done!

Any idea how many players? I have put you at table A for now, assuming that you'll have no more than 4 or 5. If not, let me now and we can shift around.

William Ronald, please note that I moved your Pathfinder event from table H to table E, as it was open. I can switch it back if you'd like, but I know GP likes to keep the big minis tables open if we're at six events or less.

I've also gone ahead and added Nev's event to the afternoon at table B, and SailorKitsune's event to the morning at table F. Shari, I know it's rough for you guys to get down from Madison by 9:30am, so let me know if you'd really prefer the afternoon for your event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads