Chicago Gameday 30 is Oct 15th: SIGN UP TO PLAY!

TracerBullet42

First Post
Wow...XXX doesn't disappoint in the least...

Where to begin? What a great gameday! I had so much fun!

Thanks, as always, to our coordinator, planner, and gameday stud, Buzz! Amazing job, again!

Likewise, big thanks to Curt and the crew at Games Plus. As always, you guys provided a great atmosphere for gaming and meet our gaming needs!

Morning Game
This was only my second time entering the world of Cthulhu (evidenced by the fact that I never spell it correctly). Great game by Buzz, and my fellow players made the short trip to insanity-land a fun ride! I have little doubt that creepy fishmen and giant tentacled sea monsters will plague my dreams tonight. Super fun, even though we left the ladies to die aboard the sub. These things happen. Extra thanks to Trev (Jason) for giving me a dollar when he rolled a 30 on the chart. Jason, you are the bacon on my cheeseburger.

Lunch
....top secret lunch with Buzz and Barendd Nobeard...I can say no more.

Afternoon Game
Once again, Ghostbusters proves to be a ridiculous, silly system that provides for much fun. Big thanks to all my players who regularly put up with all of my nonsense. I never thought I would be able to utter the words, "Ok, give me an opposed break-dancing check." You guys made the game a blast! Thanks so much! (Yes, even you, Kent.)

Tofu_Master

Explorer
Thank everyone for another awesome GameDay!!! That was really neat getting the D30s for the 30th anniversary. Mark that was really kool getting the Lurch! game. I appreciate it!!! Brrraaaaiiiinnnnnssssss!!!!!
As I said on Facebook: GameDay's are like Christmas for me. It seems like you anticipate it's coming for sooooo.... long and then it comes and goes! Thank goodness we have three a year!!! Hmmmm... shame Christmas isn't like that. Then again, our economy would really be in bad shape! Nvm.

I look forward to next GameDay. Buzz, after I discussion, I figured the GameDay in January will make it 5 years for me and not sure if you know it, but I was a complete newbie. :blush:

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks to Buzz for organizing the Game Day and the folks at Games Plus for being such gracious hosts.

I had fun with Mark, Buzz and my fellow players with the adventure that Mark ran. Despite some confusion over the rules, it was fun creating the character, playing in the adventure and coming up with a few running gags for the event. (I guess my character should be called Mister Costume Change, as he always wanted to strip people of their costumes and have someone impersonate them. I guess I should be glad that Mark did not model one of the residents of the temple after RuPaul.)

Thanks to Buzz and Dave for the prizes. I took home a video of Brewster's Millions and a copy of issue 2 of Neil Gaiman's Mr. Hero, the Newmatic Man from 1995. Dave, is that an imprint of Neil Gaiman's signature on the front or an actually the writer's signature?

Thanks to everyone involved!

Buzz, thanks for organizing and the d30 swag!

Games Plus, thanks for hosting!! A fantastic job, as usual!

Buzz, thanks for running Cthulhu. And NO THANKS to the d30 list, for having an "evil twin" show up--just what the HECK is a "evil twin" of a deep one?!??!? ;) And to the other players in this game, THANKS! It was a blast.

TracerBullet42, thanks for running Ghostbusters. I told you my PC's "rolling doobie" skill was appropriate! Poor Charlie Brown (or Chocolate Chip or whatever his name was). Oh, and thanks for the secret lunch. I, too, can say no more. And to the other players in this game, Thank You! Awesome fun (whether it was run/dodge/jump/fart/giggle, singing the blues, or magically producing cardboard for George to break dance).

Some pics:

Attachments

• SAM_1239.JPG
    SAM_1239.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 61
  • SAM_1240.JPG
    SAM_1240.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 58
  • SAM_1245.JPG
    SAM_1245.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 55
  • SAM_1247.JPG
    SAM_1247.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 60
  • SAM_1254.JPG
    SAM_1254.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 62
  • SAM_1259.JPG
    SAM_1259.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_1270.JPG
    SAM_1270.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_1271.JPG
    SAM_1271.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 62

Gozerean

First Post
...TracerBullet42, thanks for running Ghostbusters. I told you my PC's "rolling doobie" skill was appropriate! Poor Charlie Brown (or Chocolate Chip or whatever his name was). Oh, and thanks for the secret lunch. I, too, can say no more. And to the other players in this game, Thank You! Awesome fun (whether it was run/dodge/jump/fart/giggle, singing the blues, or magically producing cardboard for George to break dance).

Had a great time, as well. The fact that we were at it for, what... about an hour or two and only managed to get a car stolen, breakdance, and feed a sheep dog some popcorn is a true testament to our commitment to the characters. It's been a while since I laughed so hard playing anything while not being inebriated at the same time. Thanks all!

Also, Tracer, thanks for the tip on where to acquire legit print copies of the GBI modules!.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
The usual thanks to the usual suspects... :cool:

Thanks to Games Plus for hosting our event for the 30th time. Thanks to all our volunteer GMs and all our players. Thanks to everyone who played in my Cthulhu game, and to everyone who played with me in Mark's G&G game.

And yes, the secret lunch... Mum's the word.

I also want to thank Mark for gifting all of our attendees with a copy of his new game Lunrch!. This Gameday was quite swag-a-riffic!

We had 24 people total attending, which is definitely "intimate" as Gamedays go. Nonetheless, the events that were run were generally full, and it seemed like everyone was having fun. I know I was!

Here's looking forward to the next one!

Remove ads