Chicago Gameday 34 is 3/23: Event Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Buzz, please add another event for me in the afternoon slot.

TOMB: Tomb of Horrors/House of Cards Remix!
"System" : Tomb Boardgame
Seats: 5
Description: Recruit a party and gear up. Some evil so-and-so infused the Deck of Many Things into Acererak's tomb. Can your party kill the most monsters? Take the most stuff? Survive the deadliest of traps? All for the glory of besting the other hapless souls daring to enter the infamous demi-lich's crypt.

This event uses the Tomb and Tomb: Cryptmasters boardgame. We will be using completely random card layout, a custom-made tomb map, and random crypt modifiers inspired by the Deck of Many Things. Familiarity a plus, but rules will be taught.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, GMs, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, please post all of your event details by the end of Friday, Mar 1.

Player sign-up is just one week away!

Time:
Morning

Game System:
D&D Next

Event Title:
D&D Next vs. I6: Ravenloft

An image:
I trust your judgement, buzz, but feel free to use the still awesome original cover art: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Ravenloft_I6.jpg

Number of Players:
6 pre-generated characters. If you’ve got a current D&D next character of 10th level that you’d like to kick the tires on, you’re welcome to bring them along—just send make a note in the sign up thread or PM me in advance.

No Table Preference

Description
“Under raging storm clouds, a lone figure stands upon the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Lightning splits the sky, its cold light revealing a tall form wrapping in a billowing cape of shadows. Another flash exposes a face full of power and madness, contorted by a tragedy darker than the night. Far below, a part of adventurers has entered his dread domain. He smiles. Another lightning bolt rips through the night, but the figure is gone. Only a howling wind fills the midnight air.

The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner—and you’re invited.”

Come see if you can outwit the master of Castle Ravenloft armed with your fancy new D&D edition. A classic AD&D adventure that spawned an entire campaign setting, and was probably one of the first published adventures to have a villain with goals, a detailed background story, and a personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases