Chicago Gameday 35 EVENT PLANNING (G35 is on July 13th)

Ninjacat

First Post
Hmmmm, feelin' a little crazy, let's try something new!

Buzz, please put me down for an event in the pm slot, Table D preferred but not required. Let's go with Monster of the Week for five players; I'll get back to you with an event description.

This has potential to end up similar to my Supernatural campaign, but on the other hand, it's a simpler set-up, and character generation happens at the table as part of the scenario, so that ought to make things interestingly different.

GameDay, w00t-w00t!!!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Afternoon slot with a 1E AD&D game for me, and I'll take the private room if Chris is giving it up to use a minis table. Otherwise, I'd like the Table H. Either way, GM plus 6 players, please. Details to follow. Thanks, Buzz, for organizing this again! :)

Let me also remind folks that requested tables may shift during transport, i.e., may be altered depending on sign-ups. Just sayin'!

Understood! :)

paladinlee

Explorer
I'll toss my hat in the ring...

• Time: afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
  • Game system: Our Last Best Hope
  • Event Title: Sanctuary
  • Description: Near the starship "Sanctuary", a crisis threatens the entire human race. Because of proximity or skill, you are part of the final resistance team. You are our last best hope! Join us as we weave a character-driven tale of heroism, self-sacrifice, and desperation!
  • olbh_frontcover-200px.jpg
  • Content Rating: Adults Only
  • Number of Players: 2-4
  • Table Preference: none

buzz

Adventurer
Buzz, please put me down for an event in the pm slot, Table D preferred but not required. Let's go with Monster of the Week for five players; I'll get back to you with an event description.
Added!

Afternoon slot with a 1E AD&D game for me, and I'll take the private room if Chris is giving it up to use a minis table. Otherwise, I'd like the Table H. Either way, GM plus 6 players, please. Details to follow. Thanks, Buzz, for organizing this again! :)
Added!

I'll toss my hat in the ring...

Our Last Best Hope
Added! You stole my idea! :D

Afternoon slot for Marvel Heroic, please.
Added!

buzz

Adventurer
This is a pretty cool lineup so far!

I am considering facilitating Our Last Best Hope, or possibly running Tenra Bansho Zero. I've been slowly making my way through the latter and it seems cool. And then there's the idea of trying to accomplish a Sorcerer one-shot in a single slot.

Hmm...

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Time: Afternoon slot
Game system: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Event Title: Mutants of the Civil War: Hostile Takeover
Description: Armed with evidence about Damage Control's involvement in Stamford, use of Mutant Growth Hormone, and its interest in promoting the Civil War, the heroes take the battle right to the boardroom of Damage Control, Inc.
Image: I'll leave that up to you Buzz
Content Rating: Adults Only
Number of Players: 6

Ninjacat

First Post
MotW description

Title: Eye of the Ankh

Blurb:
There are monsters out there.

Most people don't believe in them, but they're real. Mostly, when someone finds out that monsters are real, that's just before they die. But some people are mean enough, smart enough, crazy enough, or hurt enough, that they live. And some of those people go and hunt down more. That's who you are – someone who decided to go on a crusade against the evil critters that are scurrying around out there. The one sure thing is you aren't gonna go back to your old, safe life.

When you and your monster-hunting friends hear about some bizarre bodies turning up in a mid-sized town, you of course go to investigate. The bizarre part is, the bodies are in different conditions- -one was practically shredded, another desiccated, another seems to have been the victim of a wild animal attack...could there be multiple monsters?

Monster of the Week is a modern action-horror game built on the Apocalypse World engine. It's an improvisational narrative-driven game, meaning the characters and group story drive the mechanics, not the other way around. Just bring a pencil and maybe 2d6, rules will be taught at the table. The first hour of the game will be character creation, which is designed to give the characters a shared history and connections with one another.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases