Chicago Gameday - The Aftermath!!!!

MattyHelms

First Post
Before I vainly try to sleep before tomorrow's Gameday, I wanted to officially thank everyone who has signed up or helped.

Thank you Curt and Jeff for opening your store to all of us again.

Thank you Mark, Trevalon Moonleirion, jalea, and painfully for dontaing your time and effort to run games.

And thank you every one of you who signed up and are coming out to play. You all rock and I hope you have as much fun as you should tomorrow!

See you in the AM. I'll be the chunky guy who kinda looks like the older brother from The Wonder Years.

-Matt

Just to let people know... drop-ins at my table are most certainly welcome tomorrow--bring a 2nd level character, or just make one there a bit early--i could use some more vic...er.. .players!:D

See you all in the morning!

Pbartender

First Post
Well, I got home from work about 8:00 this morning and thought, "Hmmm... They sitting down to breakfast right about now, and ordering '2x2' specials."

And now I just woke up and thought, "Hmmm... They'll be starting the second slot game pretty soon."

I hope everyone's having fun... I'm looking forward to seeing how everything went!

Good Luck everyone.

And if you're playing in Matt's game... Don't look directly into any 'pretty glowing lights'.

JoeGKushner

First Post
And a good time was had by all. Well, at least my group, was came late but heck, they still wlaked out with something.

Thanks for the donuts and coffee guys. Crowd seemed a little smaller this year but I noticed a bit of flux here and there. Really surprised more people didn't show up with the whole 3.5 thing but hey, left me more time for reading.

Synnibar Rules!

Just kidding! :p

I will post pictures in a different thread, since I have about 30 to post.

I'll just say:

(1) Attendance was smaller than usual. As Mark said, "We've whittled it down to just the cool people." :D

(2) I had a great time playing in jalea's d20 Modern game. Our dice-rolling was so bad, we just didn't expect to roll over a 5 ever. My favorite exchanges of the game:

DM: "It's a genealogy lab."
Player: "They're researching family trees?"

"Get your taint off the dice."

DM: "Make a Strength Check."
Player: "5."
DM: "You beat him."

"We don't need a Doc-cickle."

"The lead-based snow....."

(3) What can one say about Synnibar? We spent 2 and a half hours doing character creation....and I killed two other PCs in the first minute. My bad. MattyHelms just cracks me up, but I fear he will never run Synnibar again. I suggested we run a 4-hour slot at GenCon that is just Synnibar character creation--that's the best part of the game. My favorite exchanges:

"I rock."
"Yeah, but you rock in Synnibar."

"There are people who understand why we're doing it [playing Synnibar], even if I don't."

Player: "I remembered a rule."
DM: "That's your problem."

18,910 damage--with a steel feather.

"I'll close the book. I'll even throw it on the floor behind me." (see related picture in upcoming picture thread)

Player: "Characters are brought back from the dead."
Player of a dead PC: "No, don't do that!"

"Fast-squatch."

"Kahn!!!"

DM: "Is that an aneurism? Please?!"

"That's cowering, not blocking."

"It doesn't like clapping."
"Well, how does it handle applause?"

All in all, I think good times were had by all. Thanks to all the GMs, and I hope Matt recovers some sanity from running Synnibar. Perhaps the TPK will help. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Barendd Nobeard said:
Attendance was smaller than usual. As Mark said, "We've whittled it down to just the cool people." :D

I believe my exact words were, "We've whittled it down to just the cool people...and me!" :p

What a great time we had. A few new faces and a lot of the regulars. I managed to grab a few digital shots also and will see how soon I can get them online. :)

Mark said:

I believe my exact words were, "We've whittled it down to just the cool people...and me!" :p

What a great time we had. A few new faces and a lot of the regulars. I managed to grab a few digital shots also and will see how soon I can get them online. :)
Well, the pause before the "and me" was a bit too long; I think it was an afterthought just to be nice. :D Beside quotations are much more fun when taken out of context or not quoted properly. :p

I have put my pix in another thread - everyone feel free to add your pix to that thread!

Oh, and I forgot to thank our hosts! Thanks to Games Plus!!

I have seen the new books. Here is a picture from a PHB:

Attachments

• phb.jpg
    phb.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Remove ads