• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is over... share the memories!

FCWesel

First Post
buzz said:
And here I was putting things like "suitable for all ages" in my event description...
And it wasn't so much that the characters did anything "bad" it was just the players (and a few times the Buzz-inator) making some rather ...er... comments. I think it as just a (im)perfect mix of folks blowing off steam and having fun.

Again, kudos to BUZZ for all the work he did and then just rlling with it when things went "Wizardlings Gone Wild."

Painfully

First Post
more pics.

Attachments

• TracerBullet42s_IK.jpg
    TracerBullet42s_IK.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Special.jpg
    Special.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 87
  • FCWesels_Serenity.jpg
    FCWesels_Serenity.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 89
  • FCWesels_Serenity_pic2.jpg
    FCWesels_Serenity_pic2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 89
  • painters_corner.jpg
    painters_corner.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139
  • how_many_minis.jpg
    how_many_minis.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 89

Painfully

First Post
and a few more pics.

Attachments

• JoshuaDyals_Cthulhu_pic2.jpg
    JoshuaDyals_Cthulhu_pic2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 88
  • JoshuaDyals_Cthulhu.jpg
    JoshuaDyals_Cthulhu.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 93
  • Against_the_Giants_pizza_delivery.jpg
    Against_the_Giants_pizza_delivery.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Against_the_Giants_battlemat.jpg
    Against_the_Giants_battlemat.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Against_the_Giants.jpg
    Against_the_Giants.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Buzzs_Hogwarts_gone_wild_group.jpg
    Buzzs_Hogwarts_gone_wild_group.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 96

Painfully

First Post
last batch.

Attachments

• Pbartenders_Spycraft.jpg
    Pbartenders_Spycraft.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 90
  • WilliamRonalds_ArcanaUnearthed.jpg
    WilliamRonalds_ArcanaUnearthed.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 83
  • room_shot.jpg
    room_shot.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 94

William Ronald

Explorer
I thought that the Gameday went well, even though I was only there for half of it. I saw many crowded tables and was pleased that we were going until 10 PM. I believe that my players had a fun time. I have to say that they impressed me as being able to work well together, role play well, and handle the various challenges I set in front of them.

We had over 40 people this time. Perhaps we can begin to get some feedback on how to make the next Gameday better. (I will think on this and then comment.)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Make it better?

A quick paint competition as mentioned earlier...

Maybe a D&D mini's tournament for one table with elimination rounds?

The only problem with these competition style events is that Games Plus does a great job of already hosting such events. Last Saturday they had a Confrontation bit for example and I believe every Wed. they have some D&D minis stuff.

Prizes were great all around! Nice to see the classic stuff with the new stuff!

buzz

Adventurer
Well, we can only offer what GMs volunteer to run. IMO, we always have cool, creative events, and it's the RPGs that are always the draw. Ergo, I don't think that the events themselves really need any improvement or direction.

The prize giveaway could definitely use some improvement. I think next time we'll simply draw names from a hat, once for GMs and once for evryone else. Any leftovers then are free-for-all. Having a separate, "special," contest was also fun, but, again, that's up to someone willing to volunteer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads