• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbartender

First Post
[h3]Slot 1 - 9:30am[/h3]
Game 4: Keep on the Shadowfell: The Missing Mentor
4th Edition D&D
Pbartender
[bq][imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=34309&stc=1[/imager]Douven Staul, the man who trained you for a life of adventure bade his friends farewell three months ago and headed for Winterhaven. Douven, a rabid explorer of old ruins, had found a map that revealed the location of a dragon's tomb not far from the village. He figured if a dragon was buried there, why not also its hoard?

He should have returned some time ago, and his continuing absence bodes ill. You fear the worst and are determined to find out what happened to your mentor.

This is a 4th Edition D&D for up to six 1st-level pre-generated characters. Quick-start rules will be provided. No experience is necessary; beginners are welcome.[/bq]

Attachments

• balgron.jpg
    balgron.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

Here's my blurb:

Once More into the Breach-- D&D 4e
After many years of fighting the innumerable forces of evil that threaten these lands, you liberated the town of Cliffhaven from its tyrant and retired. Since then, life as the leaders of the town has been quiet-- a little too quiet, for some of you. But now an old threat has returned, and it falls to you to pick up sword and staff once more to defend your home, lest the light of Cliffhaven fall dark forever.

Once More into the Breach is a D&D 4e adventure for 6 pregenerated characters of roughly 11th level. No experience or familiarity with 4e (or with role-playing in general) is expected. Rules will be taught, and beginners are welcome.

buzz

Adventurer
Cerebral Paladin said:
Once More into the Breach is a D&D 4e adventure for 6 pregenerated characters of roughly 11th level.
Ambitious! Nice.

I've updated the first post with your and Pb's events.

thalmin said:
Second, we can still use some DMs for the World Wide D&D Day on June 7 for both the 10:30 am and 3:00 pm games. 4E Adventure, maps, and figs provided. Anyone interested in volunteering (you get some free stuff).

Are you still looking for DMs for World Wide D&D Day? My schedule has sorted out so that I would be able to make it, and I'd be happy to DM for you.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Cerebral Paladin said:
Are you still looking for DMs for World Wide D&D Day? My schedule has sorted out so that I would be able to make it, and I'd be happy to DM for you.
Great. Morning (10:30) or afternoon (3:00) slot? Games will probably take about 4 hours.

Reidzilla

Explorer
OK, here is my event desription.

Mobsters and Masked Men and Mythos, Oh My!

System: Trail of Cthulhu

Morning Slot, 4 Players, Table by the laboratory…err…I mean lavatory

It’s the Dirty ‘30s and the big city is plagued with crime. Who will help the constabulary to uphold the peace? Who will enforce justice upon the fiendish lords of felony? It’s the Crimebusters!

Come join The Knave, Iron Fist, Lord Noble, and The Stalker as their investigation of supposed Mob violence leads them down a precarious path most macabre…

No previous Trail of Cthulhu exp necessary but a love of the Lovecraftian would be helpful. Pre-gen characters and dice will be provided. Just bring a sense of adventure and a desire to lose some sanity. I will endevor to post write-ups for the PCs soon.

ekb

First Post
Agon/Delta Green blurb

\sorry for the tardiness - I'm enjoying a mild sinus infection and the medications are really fun in that huffing paint sort of way\

A Day at the Races
Not everything in the life of a DG cell is so exciting... but it still needs to be done. After the massive shakeup after 9/11 (death of 2/3 of the original Alpha Cell, the fall of Karotechia, the rise of occult terrorism, the "new" Delta Green operating under Department of Homeland Security), there are some operations that are best farmed out to the "old boys" to preserve the low-key status of the "real" DG.
Such is the lot of the newly-formed Charlie Cell: the agents are all veterans (survivors) of other cells, but are currently doing field research on animal mutilations under the guise of USDA inspections. Normally, this is grunt work - but this grunt work keeps the cowboys around. This latest batch... something's not quite right...
The 3 main PCs are these "old school" agents, the rest will be various "friendlies" who may or may not be part of the DHS Delta Green. We're also running this game using Agon as the game system - it works well to capture the competitiveness of the scenario.
There will be 8 pre-gens on hand, but there will be some character development at the table (rules review/overview, oaths, insanity tracks, credits and leadership assignment) before we start.

Agon Sample "Quickstart"
The character sheet is upthread . Attached are weapon cards...

Attachments

• DagonCards.pdf
    160.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads