• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXII is March 21st: SIGN UP!

buzz

Adventurer
i'll take spots in morning game 6 and afternoon game 5 this time. thanx!
Added.

Sign me up for Morning Game 5: The Dungeons of Castle Grayrock and Afternoon Game 3: The Voyage of the Golden Dragon
Added.

"Grayrock..." is now full.

I sent a message to buzz to update the event's description with the info below, but I thought that I would be post it here too:

If you will be bringing your own pregenerated character, please follow the rules in the DMG on page 143 for creating higher level characters. This includes one 10th level magic item, one 9th level magic item, one 8th level magic item and 3,400 gp for other magic items or equipment. You can select magic items from the Player's Handbook and the Adventurer's Vault. Also, please send an email to roberson.anthony@gmail.com with the chararacter's race and class (this way I can try to provide a suitable miniature).
Added to your description.

Woo!

buzz

Adventurer
Buzz - I wonder if 15th level might be a bit intimidating for a one-shot adventure? Do you think it might better serve the gameday as a 9th level game?
It's a tough call. That fact that it's high-level could be a selling point to some folks. E.g., "Cool! My group never played PCs higher than 10th."

I wonder if listing the system as D&D 3.5 (with tweaks) might be the more important bit. Unless it's really not D&D 3.5 with tweaks...

But I'm just making stuff up. Caveat emptor! :cool:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It's a tough call. That fact that it's high-level could be a selling point to some folks. E.g., "Cool! My group never played PCs higher than 10th."

I wonder if listing the system as D&D 3.5 (with tweaks) might be the more important bit. Unless it's really not D&D 3.5 with tweaks...

But I'm just making stuff up. Caveat emptor! :cool:

Some interesting thoughts, and certainly anyone who has played 3.5 will have no trouble jumping right into this scenario, but let's leave the name as is for now and I'll give those who sign up some more details as we get closer (or a cheat sheet on the day). However, I am still thinking that scaling the adventure down to a 9th level game is the way to go. So, let's just go ahead and do that now before anyone signs up (and we risk disappointing someone on that score). Thanks.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Some interesting thoughts, and certainly anyone who has played 3.5 will have no trouble jumping right into this scenario, but let's leave the name as is for now and I'll give those who sign up some more details as we get closer (or a cheat sheet on the day). However, I am still thinking that scaling the adventure down to a 9th level game is the way to go. So, let's just go ahead and do that now before anyone signs up (and we risk disappointing someone on that score). Thanks.

Probably just needs more cowbell. (Thank you, thank you...)

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, Vyvyan Basterd: I was thinking of playing a wizard, most likely human. Dunno, if anyone else sent you PCs yet, so if that role is covered already, lemme know.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
FYI, Vyvyan Basterd: I was thinking of playing a wizard, most likely human. Dunno, if anyone else sent you PCs yet, so if that role is covered already, lemme know.

Only Nat has sent me anything yet. She's interested in playing a Druid, but she was planning on bringing multiple characters.

Remove ads