• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Children of Dune teasers

eXodus

Explorer
i just finished watching the original sci-fi version on video. i have also seen the lynch version several times over the years. and of course i have read the books faithfully for many years.

the sci-fi channel built something far more in line with the book as far as the story went, but they had nothing in the way of a budget. it was horrible in that regards. the fx were painful to watch, the sets were frighteningly fake, and the acting left a lot to be desired. it did get some decent acclaim though.

perhaps this acclaim will be enough for them to have put some more money into actors, sets, and effects to make children of dune a better movie.

and if not simply wait until i am rich beyond belief. for when i am i will produce a movie adaptation of the dune saga that will stagger the mind.

just you wait.;)

Welverin

First Post
eXodus said:
and if not simply wait until i am rich beyond belief. for when i am i will produce a movie adaptation of the dune saga that will stagger the mind.

I'll be praying every night that you become Bill Gates rich.

Mallus

Legend
Kinda hijack-y: Lynch's Dune...

I really liked Lynch's Dune. I find it mesmerizing...

It did something really interesting; it translated the Byzantine plot and language of the book it a Byzantine visual language suited for screen. Instead of trying to shoe-horn in the complexities of the plot into a feature-length film, Lynch suggested the complexities and general baroqueness of that universe through imagery. I'm not saying this was successful, exactly, but its an intriguing example of how one deals with the problems inherent in adapatation.

eXodus

Explorer
Welverin said:

I'll be praying every night that you become Bill Gates rich.

when i do do this fine adaptation of this incredible novel it will have to be as a 'final fantasy' style animation. complete with great voice actors.

now all i need is a massive amount of money and the blessing of that horrific hack, brian herbert to finally do his great father's works the cinematic justice that it deserves.

Shapermc

First Post
I really enjoyed both versions of Dune. I still cant drag my eyes across all the pages of that slow book (sorry my opinion).

I am use to the low budget and lower caliber acting that can still be a good/entertaining movie. I am looking forward to this new release.

SciFi's Dune was no poorer quality in any way than Far Scape is or SG-1 and people rave about those shows. It is definatly worth the watch.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads