• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Children of Dune teasers

Droogie

Explorer
Have you guys seen the first Dune series? I didn't have scifi during its first run. Is it any good? Is it better than the David Lynch flik?

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Dune Messiah

Ready for some bad news??? They will be summarizing Messiah and mixing it into Children.. because they did not feel they could produce it as a stand alone series.. and because Sci Fi has no respect for Sci Fi shows or classics.

It's all about the WWE action morons these days.. that's what the advertisers and the networks will tell you. Well though, political intrigue with deep character acting can;t possibly make for good drame.. bring on The Rock.. he'd make a great Prince of Denmark!! And Arnie can play his Step-dad. Robin Williams could play the gravedigger.. oh wait he did didn't he;)

sotmh

First Post
Thank goodness they're not doing Dune Messiah, that book sucked. Children of Dune was much better and closer to the original, IMO. I've always felt that Dune Messiah would've been better as simply an epilogue to the first book (except it would kind of end on a down note).

sotmh

KenM

Banned
Banned
Droogie said:
Have you guys seen the first Dune series? I didn't have scifi during its first run. Is it any good? Is it better than the David Lynch flik?

In a word YES, the only thing I can compare it to is the old 1978 (i think) lord of rings animated movie, and the new LOTR movie.

uv23

First Post
Droogie said:

It was cheap, poorly produced crap. The sets were lame and the acting was average. And the americanization of names drove me nuts. Its not har-ki-nen. Its HAR-KOE-NEN fer crying out loud! What it did have going for it was a storyline that was adctyally coherent. Still, the David Lynch version is far superior in every other respect and is far more inspired as a whole.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads