Baldur’s Gate 3 teaser reveal.

Scribe

Legend
Heh, it's a bit recursive, but you can blame BG2 for that. There were text sex scenes (very tame) in BG2, which the modding community ran with. They've since become a big thing in every BioWare-style CRPG.

Should also be noted, that the time (in game) it took to develop these relationships was in some cases weeks/months.

In BG3, it was doable in a day at one point and would not pass for normal cable consumption during the day, in north america anyway.

Should also be noted, that the time (in game) it took to develop these relationships was in some cases weeks/months.

In BG3, it was doable in a day at one point and would not pass for normal cable consumption during the day, in north america anyway.
Yes, excellent point. I think Jaheira's took 200 days to resolve in BG2 when I did hers.

It's been so freakin' long since I played the first two that I barely remember them at all.

And why the hell are there sex scenes in the game? Seriously?!?

Sex sells and they want to go toe to toe with games like the Witcher, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc..., they want to show that turn based D&D games can have boobs too.

Scribe

Legend
There are mods that allow you to play Minotaurs, Gnolls, Gobliniods, and Mindflayers, you still have sex scenes, just dine on that for a minute. 🤪😅😂🤣

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

Scribe

Legend
It's already happened, even in early access the mods to play those already exist, the game is shockingly moddable even without Dev support. Folks have introduced new hair styles, races (including monster never intended to be playable), clothes, classes, subclasses, and so on via mods.
Oh yeah, I know in terms of the mods. I looked into it pretty hard before giving up on the game in the state it was in. Most of my issues, appeared to be things I could fix on my own.

I cannot fix however if the Dev's decide to dump a bunch of resources/time into making the game into a creepy sex sim, at the cost of making it you know.. a good game instead of just latching on to the gloried franchise name of "Baldur's Gate".

Remove ads