Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials [[SPOILERS!!]]

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Cannot wait for these specials. Series 4 was my favorite. Almost all 10/10 episodes. I’m definitely happy RTD is fixing one of the few missteps he made as showrunner, forcibly erasing Donna’s memory. Hope this time he sends them both off with endings they deserve. And I am so excited to see Ncuti Gatwa take over.

Dausuul

Legend
I'm just sad Bernard Cribbins can't reprise Wilf. He's one of my favorite companions, even though he was only a proper companion for a couple episodes.

Edit: Apparently he might be in one of these episodes! He was seen on set last May, a couple of months before his passing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm just sad Bernard Cribbins can't reprise Wilf. He's one of my favorite companions, even though he was only a proper companion for a couple episodes.

Edit: Apparently he might be in one of these episodes! He was seen on set last May, a couple of months before his passing.
Yes, he is in at least one episode.

Neil Patrick Harris is seen in the trailer playing The Toymaker, a villain from season three of the first Doctor, a 4-part story where sadly only the 4th part still exists. The first three parts are amongst the early episodes that are still lost.

Two days away from this! Supposedly it will air in the US at the same time it premieres in the UK, so 6:30pm in the UK, 1:30pm Eastern time and 10:30am Pacific. Not sure if simultaneous airing is true for the rest of the world, but that would make for some inconvenient air times in some places.

Also, use this thread for spoilers after it airs or do people want to make a fresh spoiler thread for the three specials?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Two days away from this! Supposedly it will air in the US at the same time it premieres in the UK, so 6:30pm in the UK, 1:30pm Eastern time and 10:30am Pacific. Not sure if simultaneous airing is true for the rest of the world, but that would make for some inconvenient air times in some places.
It’s pretty common. A lot of US stuff gets simulcast so it's at like 2am for us. Loki, most recently, for example, or like every Seattle-based TTRPG news announcement. But even as far back as Game of Thrones they were doing that. Guess this is your first experience of it! :)
Also, use this thread for spoilers after it airs or do people want to make a fresh spoiler thread for the three specials?
Yeah here is fine. I’ll add spoilers to the thread title.

Last edited:

Remove ads