The DUNE RPG

Reynard

Legend
Can I run a campaign centered around members of a minor house looking for a world to claim and leverage to raise its status, while playing a dangerous game with the greater houses, and never getting with 12 parsecs of Arrakis? Is there anything to support this kind of game?

There is currently a huge bundle for Modiphius' DUNE RPG and I was hoping to get an idea of what the game is like and how it plays -- specifically if it supports campaigns that aren't necessarily retreads of the book conflict (a danger of all licensed games based on proeprties defined by a singular story).

So, if you have played DUNE, tell me about it. What sort of adventures and activities does it support?
One of the best designed games out there

hawkeyefan

Legend
The second part of my question is what is there to support that game?

Rules/processes for creating houses and their specialties and allies/enemies. A robust description of all elements of the setting. Advice on adding new elements. Suggestions on working with or deviating from established lore.

The house creation part of the game is designed to deliver the exact kind of game you described… establishing a house of varying strength and with different strengths and weaknesses and then having the players begin as members ofthat house, working to futher its interests and to potentially climb the internal social structure for their own interests.

Reynard

Legend
Rules/processes for creating houses and their specialties and allies/enemies. A robust description of all elements of the setting. Advice on adding new elements. Suggestions on working with or deviating from established lore.

The house creation part of the game is designed to deliver the exact kind of game you described… establishing a house of varying strength and with different strengths and weaknesses and then having the players begin as members ofthat house, working to futher its interests and to potentially climb the internal social structure for their own interests.
Thanks.

It looks like "Houses of Lastraad" has the most support for campaigns off Arrakis. Would you consider that an accurate take.

Remove ads