Star Wars Outlaws

pukunui

Legend
Looks like there's a new Star Wars game coming out soon. Here's the teaser trailer I saw on Facebook:

I had no idea this was even a thing. While it does look like it'll be centered around a female Han Solo, it still looks pretty interesting. I like that she appears to have a commando droid as a sidekick.

And yeah, this is just a cinematic trailer. No actual gameplay footage. But it still looks fun.

EDIT: Here's some actual gameplay footage:

Last edited:

It looks like the game will have really cool cinematics. Hopefully the gameplay will also be impressive.

I hadn't noticed until now that Disney is using the old "Lucasfilm Games" brand and logo from the 80s for their Star Wars games (and evidently has been since 2021). I don't know quite how to feel about that. On the one hand, after they murdered LucasArts, one of the greatest computer game developers that ever was (albeit a shadow of its former self when they delivered the deathblow), it would be disrespectful to use that brand, on the other hand... what, do they think they're too good for it?

Poor corpos. Fandom is always such a minefield.

Yeah, it does look like fun, though yet again another product set between the prequel and original trilogies, as we see her dealing with Imperials during the gameplay footage.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, it does look like fun, though yet again another product set between the prequel and original trilogies, as we see her dealing with Imperials during the gameplay footage.
That may be a licensing issue. I recall that when Bioware developed their MMO they had to set it during the same Old Republic era as their single-player RPGs, because it was the only period they had the license for.

Remove ads