D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
You can use that argument for every discussion in every rpg world, I don’t really see the point of it here
Because people saying they don't want to use this world because they might exist isn't important. It does not matter, because it isn't a real world and they don't have to exist if the DM doesn't want them to. It is no reason to ignore any world / setting, other than I guess one set in a world that is all about guns, like an Old West or Modern game.....

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Yeah, so the other picture you're thinking of is the same Jeremy Crawford OC, the gnome Artificer Vi, who he's played in Acquisitions Inc. and uses as a recurring NPC when he runs the game. He uh, has a very different view of the setting from the rest of the fanbase
She also lives in Sigil.

So, yeah, people weren't fans of the idea that the cover of the only official 5e Eberron book would have Jeremy Crawford's PC that doesn't even live on Eberron, with a gun-looking wand, and a robot-looking Warforged on it. Doesn't give the right impression of the setting.

Bolares

Hero
I'm just going off that picture and the general (wrong, I guess) impression I have from other books. Like wasnt there a picture in Tashas that also had this...or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Tasha’s doesn’t have the same restraints as an Eberron book. It’s purpose was to bring the artificer to the general d&d experience. So don’t assume that a image of an tashas artificer is an eberron image.

One thing we didn’t talk about a lot about eberron but I think you will enjoy a lot is that it’s focus is being a campaign serting, not a fantasy world. So, what that means is that the protagonist, the piece that will move the setting foward is the gaming group. The metaplot will never evolve, anyrhing that isn’t a setting book is considered not canon (vodeo games, novels, comics, adventure books). Also there are no living and able to roam the world powerfull heroes or protectors, the setting was designed to make those people the PCs, so any non villain NPC is relativelly low level. No one is going to fix tou problems for you.

The setting is in a point where multiple plot point are about to explode, and multiple areas of interest gove you very different possible games, so even if they never advance the plot oficially (and they’ve promised in the past to not do it) you will always have a story to tell in Eberron.

Gosh, I love this world

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
Wow, that sure is some art.

Tasha’s doesn’t have the same restraints as an Eberron book. It’s purpose was to bring the artificer to the general d&d experience. So don’t assume that a image of an tashas artificer is an eberron image.
It's specifically called out as one, so it's understandable folks might take away certain impressions:
In Vi's home world, Eberron, magic is harnessed as a form of science and deployed throughout society, largely as a result of the wondrous ingenuity of artificers.

The gnome artificer Vi and her cockatrice-like Eldritch Cannon battle foes atop a lightning train.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
See now this, this is a big deal to me. Fine, you win! ;)
Yep. Eberron is part of the reason why I have such strong feelings against metaplots. The setting proves that they're not just pointless, but actively harmful to the health a setting.

So the timeline will never officially advance. There are novels that take place there, but they're not considered "canon" anymore than the MCU is canon to Marvel's comic book continuity.

It's amazing. IMO, every setting would be better if they chose to do that.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'm just going off that picture and the general (wrong, I guess) impression I have from other books. Like wasnt there a picture in Tashas that also had this...or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
I suggest burying most art from Tasha's in the deepest part of of your memories with all repressed traumas. :p
They've crossed the dangerous threshold of mixing both fan-service and deviantart-quality in the same pieces!

(kidding, there's some good one, cue wildfire druid dwarf and orc rune knight)

In a game, I had a Goliath battlesmith who use the skins and pelt of fallen beast to infuse their souls into its equipment. His companion creature was a runic bear totem. So yeah, no need to go technological with artificers if you dont want to.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases