D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December. Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and...

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I love the first bit about what everyone knows. It really lends realism to what most people know, and informs the DM of how NPCs would react to seeing them, or being asked about them (them being things like daelker or religions or drow).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Page 17 discusses gunpowder vs magical things......I mean, the whole second chapter on how magical armor isn't medieval armor (and weapons) is great. It answers a lot of philosophical questions.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Initial thoughts after a skim:

If you DM Eberron, get this. Worth it (and Keith deserves your money, IMO).

If you like Eberron, and want a lot of fluff to inform your campaign, this is a great book and you should read more about it, but probably get it.

If you want to mine some ideas on magic and how it influences worlds, it is a good book, but pricey just for that.

If you don't play Eberron, I'm not sure it is worth the cost. It is great, don't get me wrong, and I'm going to beg, borrow, steal from it. But there are likely cheaper books with content that is more specific to your game to buy.

Remove ads

Remove ads