Cimeriel template

Hiya Yqatuba matey! :)

Yqatuba said:
Can you tell us what the Cimeriel template was going to be like? I'm guessing some sort of epic level death knight.

You can see a video of what a Cimeriel would look like in the latest article on my website:

Article: The Ten Commandments of Epic Eternity Publishing

in the Asura's Wrath clip link.

Lich = Death Knight
Demilich = Draugr
Akalich = Cimeriel

Basically the Cimeriel was meant to be a complete combat monster, very powerful, very tough. His body would be impaled with different weapons and he would have the powers of that weapon plus be immune to its powers. He could of course also remove weapons and fight with them, or even just throw them as missiles. Critical hit rolls against it would get stuck in his body and need an attack to withdraw.

Stuff like that. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So the cimeriel isn't the planet-sized creature trying to poke the hero? ;)

More seriously, is there something in mind for what happens if the heroes try to grab one of the cimeriel's weapons and yank it from its body to use against it?

Hiya mate! :)

Alzrius said:
So the cimeriel isn't the planet-sized creature trying to poke the hero? ;)

No, the character at the start pin-cushioned with weapons.

More seriously, is there something in mind for what happens if the heroes try to grab one of the cimeriel's weapons and yank it from its body to use against it?

Depends how long the weapon has been in its body. If its one of the Cimiriel's own weapons (from the start of the encounter), then it will be cursed/tainted and trying to remove it could have one of a number of effects.

If its one of the PCs weapons that just got lodged in the Cimiriel, then it'll just be difficult to pull out (minor action in 4E parlance).

Hiya mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
What mythology is the cimeriel from?

I don't think its specifically from any mythology. I remember seeing the word somewhere and I think the implication was that it meant 'steely' or something like that. It may have been where Robert E. Howard got the name Cimmeria from.

Welcome to the forums Lexivore! :)

Lexivore said:
This website has some good info on the origin of the cimeriel. Kimeris - Monstropedia - the largest encyclopedia about monsters

Thanks very much for the link. That information jogs a few jaded memories. I must have come across the derivation of the name when researching the Goetia demons and Canaanite Mythology.

Kimiris (also noted as Cimeries in my Encyclopedia of the Occult) is noted as a soldier and thats probably what I picked up on.

Lexivore

First Post
Glad you enjoyed the link. I've actually been lurking for several years. It started when I had a dream where an overgod was on a mountain chiding his pantheon for being bad role models for their worshipers. Then he went up to his overheaven and talked to another overgod about how much work it was to manage a pantheon of gods, just like raising children. Just then an overovergoddess descended to the overheaven. My dream ended there. I looked up overgod on the net the next day and found your site. I actually bought the Epic Bestiary at my local gaming shop in Ohio. I plan on buying the Vampire Bestiary too, should it ever come out.

Hello again Lexivore! :)

Lexivore said:
Glad you enjoyed the link.

Indeed, thanks.

I've actually been lurking for several years.

Well nice of you to finally de-cloak. :D

It started when I had a dream where an overgod was on a mountain chiding his pantheon for being bad role models for their worshipers. Then he went up to his overheaven and talked to another overgod about how much work it was to manage a pantheon of gods, just like raising children. Just then an overovergoddess descended to the overheaven. My dream ended there.

Sounds like an omen. You would have had that dream every night until you found my website. :D

I looked up overgod on the net the next day and found your site.

Result!

I actually bought the Epic Bestiary at my local gaming shop in Ohio.

Thanks very much.

I plan on buying the Vampire Bestiary too, should it ever come out.

Well given how much I have paid the artists in advance it'll have to come out sometime. :p

Remove ads