Cimeriel template

eduar

First Post
hi

the cimeriel is an undead? I thought it is because is an evolution from death knight

and someone thought about the evolution of ghosts?

Fieari

Explorer
Neat. Your idea for Cimeriels is pretty similar to the evil minions in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. There, they gain various magic powers by impaling themselves and someone else with magic powers, killing the other person an imbuing themselves with a fraction of what the target had as long as they remain impaled.

According to that link about the word Cimeriel though, it almost makes me want to find another name for the self-impaling monster, and devote something more wraith-like to the Cimeriel name. "Darkness of G-d"? Seems a bit more ethereal than a death knight progression.

Hey Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
Neat. Your idea for Cimeriels is pretty similar to the evil minions in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. There, they gain various magic powers by impaling themselves and someone else with magic powers, killing the other person an imbuing themselves with a fraction of what the target had as long as they remain impaled.

Great minds and all that. :p

According to that link about the word Cimeriel though, it almost makes me want to find another name for the self-impaling monster, and devote something more wraith-like to the Cimeriel name. "Darkness of G-d"? Seems a bit more ethereal than a death knight progression.

I dunno, I quite like the idea that demigod warriors becoming undead have a darker side to them.

eduar said:

Howdy eduar amigo! :)

murder mist?

Yes its a bit like the Hate entity from the Nehwon mythos which is like a poisonous fog with a load of tendrils holding weapons.

I'm actually considering playing 4e. when we have Ascension 4e?

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the Epic Tier needs fixed in 4E before we get to the Immortal Tier. By fixed I specifically mean in terms of what constitutes an epic campaign, because looking at the official material it just doesn't say epic to me.

Remove ads