City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyFive

First Post
"Hrm, was anything missing? i dont think i'v ever heard of anythgin just knock something out then leave it there ta rot, not without takinging something." Razin comments thoughtfully. Leaning forward he waves his hand infrount of the elf's eyes. "You awake elf?"

[sblock=ooc]Anthony is another char that i have. i had a bit of a brain lapse, witch i attribute to only 3 hours of sleep before work :p[/sblock]

Ximix

First Post
JonnyFive said:
. . . Leaning forward he waves his hand infrount of the elf's eyes. "You awake elf?"
Continuing to stare, Ximix speaks again, his voice sounding slightly more interested than monotone.
"You mentioned that a cow had been 'lost'." The Elven adept turns his gaze upon Rich, "What do you mean by this word?"

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

JonnyFive said:
"Hrm, was anything missing? i dont think i'v ever heard of anythgin just knock something out then leave it there ta rot, not without takinging something." Razin comments thoughtfully.[/color]

"No, nothing was missing. He had his survey chains with him, any thief would certainly take those before anything else."

Ximix said:
Continuing to stare, Ximix speaks again, his voice sounding slightly more interested than monotone.
"You mentioned that a cow had been 'lost'." The Elven adept turns his gaze upon Rich, "What do you mean by this word?"

Clearly unnerved by the elf's continued stare, Rich takes another sip, then visibly more relaxed, replies, "It's been killed hasn't it? We found its savaged body in the south pasture. The others weren't much better. Nearly died from panic. I might yet have to put one down -- terrible wound from the broken fence they ran through, you know?"

OOC: I'll start the adventure thread soon. I think there are more 1st level characters in the Inn, but 4 is really about the number I designed the adventure for. Manon and Razin have verbally expressed their willingness to participate, Ximix and Sorgram have listened to Rich's problem. Are these characters going to participate? Before the adventure thread is created, I'll try to responsively answer any questions the characters have.

corcio

First Post
"Well, as it seems right now, myself and Razin are willing to help out. I think at the very least, we could have a look around and investigate for a few nights and see if we can figure out whats been harassing you. And put a stop to it!" Manon tells the man with a stern look on his face. "as for sorgram and ximix, well i dont want to speak for them but i think we could convince them to tag along. Now, is there anything else you might be able to tell us that would help us out regarding these...incidents?" manon looks the man sqare in they eyes.

ooc- its cool razin, i figured thats what you meant. :p just giving you a hard time lol
oh and since i have a time difference i will let you know when i will be leaving before i post my last post for the night. last night it was my statement about wolves.

corcio

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
"No, nothing was missing. He had his survey chains with him, any thief would certainly take those before anything else.".[/I]

"And what are these "survey chains" what sort of work are you all involved in out there?" Taking a lead from Razins acttion Manon gives Sogram a little nudge with his elbow.

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

I really don't know what other information could be useful. I am of course willing to answer your questions.

corcio said:
"And what are these "survey chains" what sort of work are you all involved in out there?"

We are all just farmers. Richard uses the survey chains to measure distances and mark straight lines. When he was attacked he was marking a path, so we could know which trees we needed to remove. We want to cut ice blocks from a pond this winter, and we wanted make sure we had unobstructed access.

OOC: I've created the adventure thread. At this time, you are invited to make a post containing a link to your character sheet.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
Giving up on getting the elf to respond, razin turns to the farmer "Nothing taken. and no wounds... Perhaps rich just passed out? i'v see that happen." Razin will coment as he leans back in his seat, with a scowl betraing his lack of understanding for the mystery that is unfolding. "So this cow, how was it injured. i know you mentioned one that hurt itself on the broken fence, but not how any other injurys, if it had any, were sustanied. oh yea, another thing, were there any of those... what do you call em.... the marks people make on the ground.... Were there any of those from any creatures around rich? how about the cows?" Razin asks in a sudden flurry of questions.

wmasters

First Post
Sorgram listens carefully to Rich, the concentration evident on his face. "Could be wolves and whiskey?" he says after some deliberation. "I'll come and help, it'll be good to get out in the open air."

corcio

First Post
" yes well there seems to be a lot of uncertainty in all of this. from what it sounds like to me is that your clearing of the forest has probably angered some kind of local wildlife or some other inhabitant. as i said before the least we could do for you is to investigate the area and stay on the farm for a few nights, in case whatever is out there comes back. However what will we do if we discover nothing?" Manon states speaking to everyone.

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius observes the farmer who has come looking for help, and clearly considers offering his assistance. When a number of adventurers go out the back to hear his proposal, however, he sits back and says to the others at his table, "Well, it seems that there's no shortage of people eager to help. Perhaps I'll wait a little longer."

OOC:
How to roleplay a decision not to go for a first-level adventure! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads