City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir hears Juliana's greeting to the tall newcomer and sidles over. "Well hello there ladies. Did I hear that one of you is a crafter? You wouldn't happen to make weapons would you? I'm looking to replace this battered thing." he says tapping the greatsword over his shoulder.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I am, and you're right." Juliana says. "I have made all the equipment I own. What would you have me make?"

OOC: Techincaly, she's got a 50% chance of creating a masterwork item (She's +9), but she can certaintly try, and has a fairly good chance of at least not ruining the materials. Just an FYI.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I am looking to replace this sword with a nicer one. Unfortunately those price gougers down the road are charging too much (market price) for what I am looking for." ao'Thuir replies.

ooc: too bad ao'Thuir knows nothing about magic gear or he'd buy her a +1 Craft item then you could be taking 10 and make masterwork stuff.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I'll cut you a deal if you'll give me a hand. Just follow my lead and do exactly as I say. But, that all depends on the price." Juliana says.

OOC: If you can make a 10 on an unskilled craft roll, I can take a 10. If not, I can still roll. But you need to make me an offer. You can use Craft untrained, so you can technicaly succeed at a DC 20 unless you have a negitive INT bonus.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well let's see I was hoping to find something in the 280 range, but those guys down the street wanted an astounding 350 for the one I was looking at."

ooc: darn, ao'Thuir is a little on the dumb side at 8 int. He'd only have to hit a 10 to aid another but he can't take 10 on it so its a 50% chance that you'd get the +2, which I guess is better than nothing.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I can do that for 280 easily."

Juliana stands up and grabs her pack. "Come, let's get to work."

"And watch your hands. I wouldn't want you to loose any." She warns with a smirk over her shoulder as she strides out.

OOC: You can't take a 10 on an aid another check, but you can try. Continue this in the General Thread, make a roll on invisible castle, and post it there. I'll do the calculations on what my costs are, and we'll go from there. She'll only need your help on the masterwork part.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you very much Juliana, this is a really nice sword. Sorry for my clumsy attempts at helping. Guess I can't control my own strength. Have any leads on adventures today?" replies ao'Thuir in thanks.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana chuckles as she walks back into the Inn. "You're lucky you didn't burn your hand on the forge. Perhaps you're not ment for crafting."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bront said:
Juliana chuckles at Pheonix. "Woman, I'm sure you have other assets the men would rather use than what you carry. But they seem less agressive here, or at least more timid." She looks over the woman, sizing her up. "But they would be a fool to try with you, let alone with me around." She extends her arm, the handshake of a warrior, "Juliana Hayes, well met."

"I see several new faces here. I offer my services as a craftsman, if you want something you can truely realy on in battle."

Phoenix eyes Juliana as she takes a long pull from her flagon of mead. As Juliana profers a hand towards her, Phoenix looks at her offered hand, then back up to meet her eyes before standing and reaching out her hand and grasping forearm to forearm in a warrior's handshake. "Well met.", she replies curtly with a silent nod towards the next chair at her table.

To the offer of crafting services, Phoenix jingles her too light beltpouch before answering "Perhaps at a later date when I have more to spend. I will keep you in mind though for when that time comes. For now I must find some way to earn more money before I am able to shop for more equipment. Are you primarily a weapons craftsman, or do you make armor as well? For if it's mainly weapons, then I shall not be needing your services often since my main weapon isn't one you could forge." Phoenix demonstrates as she closes her eyes for a moment and makes a fist with the back of her hand facing Juliana. Suddenly a red fiery energy envelops her hand and shoots two feet up to form a sharp blade of mental energy. Opening and shaking her hand out, the energy dissapates and fades away.

After that, she looks around at the people now looking her way and realizes she's just drawn onlookers. Hunching back down into her seat, she drops her eyes to the table and stares at it while drinking her mead. She's so engrossed and introverted that she hardly notices Juliana leave and return a while later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads