City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Kitrina taught me of your kind. Tis interesting to see one in person though." Juliana says, admiring the energy blade. "I forge all my arms and armor, even my bows. Tis a dicipline to keep the mind in shape, and I always know I can trust what I made."

"Some men would think you can trust your arms, but can you trust the man? I doubt it. But you can always trust in yourself."

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Korash the Relentless, Dwarven Fighter

The door to the inn opens and a short statured, large muscled mass lumbers his way in. In one hand he carries a glaive and he uses his other to remove his dark earthen corlored hood. Lowering his hood reveals long auburn hair and great dark red beard. Both beard and hair are worn in multiple braids, meticulously braided, weighted down with various small baubles, stones and carved idols, bound together to form a central mass that trails down his back and chest. His eyes catch the light of the inn and reflect back a bright green, which contrasts greatly his dark skin, and his broad smile reflects back a character with a zest for life.

"Greetings patrons of the Red Dragon Inn, it is good to finally arrive to such a highly esteemed establishment." The muscle bound figure, at little over four feet, stops, and looks for a clear route to the bar. His armor and equipment rattles as he makes his way across the room in a slow and methodical fashion careful not to collide with any furniture or patrons. He continues addressing the room as he makes his way.

"Across the lands this establishment's name calls out to those who seek adventure. You got to get yourself to the Red Dragon Inn, I was told, Go see Joe they told me. If it is a life of adventure you want you'll find it there, Oh sorry lass, pardon me, don't want to be buying myself another table or more importantly lose any ale."

With some effort and a little courtesy the dwarf finally makes it to the bar and in a booming voice for all to hear the figure addresses Joe then turns to the inn."Joe of Orussus, Keeper of the Red Dragon Inn, and purveyor of fine ales, it is with great enthusiasm that I make your acquaintance. I am known as Korash the Relentless, Korash the Bull and some even know me as Korash the lumbering Ox."

With his last boast he gives a great bellow of laughter and a great smile again before he continues. "I represent the Clan of the Iron Mountain from deep in what you call the Stonespike Mountains. A craftsman and warrior by trade, I am a fierce friend and loyal companion. I am looking for what makes men heroes, and for my name to one day be sung by the bards. For now though, I will settle for a good hot meal a strong ale or two, and a sturdy table and chair, for I have been on the road for many days now and have much eating to do." He ends the last with a smile and looks for a table and chair sturdy enough for himself, gear food and drink.

Bront

The man with the probe
The red haired armored woman smirks from the bar, where she is talking to another red haired woman. "Lumbering Ox eh? Not the sort of name you hear people anounce themselves as."

El Jefe

First Post
Velmont said:
"Hi Boog. You've planned anything in the near futur, or maybe you just relax a bit."
Boog glanced at the mountain goblin, and shrugged. "No plans", he uttered. "But I think I've figured out a new way to use my powers, and I'd like to try it out sometime." He paused. "Maybe something will turn up here that will let me try it out."

El Jefe

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Joe, I presume? I am ...." she stops suddenly with an unsure look upon her face. She thinks to herself, 'I am no longer the woman who used the name I was born with. I have been reborn in the fire and come back to life, so ...' "I am Phoenix."

"I am Phoenix and in case anyone has any ideas on relieving me of my weapons or gold, understand that I'm a Soulknife and if you try anything, I'll cut you down with just a thought. If you are interested in hiring me though, my services are currently available."
Boog turned to glance at the flame-haired woman who had just entered the inn. Now she was one of his kind, of that he was sure. And a soulknife? An unusual path, but that would explain the armor, moreso than the other woman who was clearly not one of us.

He waited while the women chatted. Maybe he would introduce himself in due time.

Velmont

First Post
"Great! I wanted to asks you. I've been a little surprise by your powers. I am familiar with divine magic and study the arcane principle too. But your power are similar, but at the same time, some kind different. Generally, you have to pray or gesticulate and speak ununderstandable words. Can I ask you what is teh origin of those powers? Is it something natural or you have to train? How does it work?"

Gli'jar

First Post
Bront said:
The red haired armored woman smirks from the bar, where she is talking to another red haired woman. "Lumbering Ox eh? Not the sort of name you hear people anounce themselves as."

Korash turns and addresses you with a smile, but shares his gaze with both women "Term of endearment lass, and it appears to have taken root as I have snared you with it. What about your companion, which of my names will you call for?" He finishes with a wink as he grabs an ale. "You both were here before I entered so I haven't had the luxury of your acquaintence."

OCC Though he is looking for a table he doesn't seem too keen or quick to move.

El Jefe

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix demonstrates as she closes her eyes for a moment and makes a fist with the back of her hand facing Juliana. Suddenly a red fiery energy envelops her hand and shoots two feet up to form a sharp blade of mental energy. Opening and shaking her hand out, the energy dissapates and fades away.

After that, she looks around at the people now looking her way and realizes she's just drawn onlookers.
"Of course, a soulknife, as she said. And a talented one, too", Boog thought. He concentrated for a moment, trying to project his mind into hers. Those sitting near Boog heard a sound that resembled the strike of a chime, but the sound seemed to come from inside their heads.

If Phoenix allows the intrusion, she will perceive:[sblock]"Greetings. I am Boog Sammas, a newmade as are you, although I don't look it. I'm the man in the blue cloak at the bar.

Your skills are impressive...you could be of value to me on an adventure."

Phoenix also perceives that she now has to power to send her thoughts to this individual, if she desires.

If she glances at the bar, she will see:[sblock]A pale individual in a light-blue cloak waves to her, then turns to speak to the halfing-sized figure in a cloak beside him. His hair is dark, but has a few brick-red streaks in it.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Velmont said:
"Can I ask you what is teh origin of those powers? Is it something natural or you have to train? How does it work?"
While waiting for the soulknife to react, Boog turned his head slightly in Ridik's direction. "My powers come directly from my mind, not magic. Some are born with them. Mine were granted to me when I was joined with another being in a powerful ritual. But I lost some memories then, so I don't know if it was the right decision."

Velmont

First Post
"Mind? Oh, yeh. I've seen a reference on that in the Tome of Magical Arts by... who had written that book... I seem to have forgotten. No big deal anyway, he just mention it. No more than a page on the whole book. I wasn't sure if it was true as his reference seem obscure, but it seems he was right.

Personally, what fascinate me, it is the arcane art. I have not much talent, but Russna is helping me in my study. With her help, I'm able to use some of teh basic items used by wizards, like there precious scrolls who hold some magic and allow the heritage of there art."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads