• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Is there a posting for new employment that I missed? I hope you don't mean mine. There is no posting for employment on that one. Oh good heavens, no! I'm fed up with the way I've had to make silly little 'employment' openings in order to use the RDI for adventures. Nay, nay I say! The opening this time will be far more grand.

If that means that we lose people who want to have the farmer pay them 5 GP to kill some rats, then so shall it be. It also might lose players whose mercenary streak borders on the insane: "What, no commission, just lots of treasure we find? And the alternative is to allow a great evil to engulf the world. Dude, if you're not paying me my commission, I'll just sit here and watch it."

Also, please note that just like my post there is not an actual posting for employment in the RDI, the thread linked there is not an actual adventure thread. It isn't even a thread for the Council. It's just a thread where I see who's willing to join up and assess the situation. If necessary, I will have NPCs attempt to perform some of the adventures off-screen (if there aren't appropriately-leveled adventurers, for instance) )

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Oops, sorry RA. I misjudged that and made a bad assumption (partially borne of being so excited I went and posted what I did before reading every word. Sorry.) I'll edit my above to just be staying in the RDI. So the other thread is just to gauge interest and later when people are chosen we can post about leaving the RDI based on some stimulus or event? Not jumping in because he's mercenary and wants paid, just because I wanna get him in an adventure! :)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Not your fault--GDI was the first one who posted about the 'employment' just above you ;)

And yes, the other thread is just to get names in there. When the event occurs, you will know :) :])

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, no trouble. I just felt like pumping it up with a bit of spectacle ;) It really is true that I hate the stupid RDI openers, though. I remember for TCotM, I had this great adventure, but no compelling RDI opener--in the end, I had to make up some lame excuse about the farmers, who had been living in the area for years with no problem at all, randomly coming to the RDI to ask for adventurers, figuring PCs would metagame and take the offer even without any real payment worthy of their levels)

SuddenDawn

First Post
Aaron Wright

A human opens the door of the Red Dragon Inn and pauses in the doorway for a moment. He stands slightly to one side of the doorway allowing the outside environment to been seen for several seconds.

He scans the common room and seems to recognize Joe, who seeing his attaire nods once and indicates towards the low pedestal. The man seems to understand. He sets down his pack and mounts the pedestal.

My name is Aaron Wright. I am an agent of Shurassa and a recipient of her bounties. I intend to voyage the breadth of the stormwrought world.

Aaron recovers his pack and takes a moment to speak with Joe. He leaves up the stairs, but soon returns having stashed his belongings. He then joins whatever converstations that seem to be ongoing.

[sblock=Not a Secret]Anyone who had enough interest or sharp enough senses would have noticed that Aaron held the door open for a large black viper. It followed Aaron out of the common room, but did not return with him.[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
A young human women enters and looks about hurridly as if looking for someone, disappointment flashes across her features as she goes to the bar. Whispering in close she talks to Joe. When he frowns and shakes his head she looks crushed.

With her heart not in it, she turns to the crowd. Elise, Abjurer.

Other than unnaturally silver hair, Elise is wholly unremarkable. Pale skin and small frame.
In fact, the first and sometimes only thing people notice is her sightly over sized cloak grey with orange trim, under which occationally flashes an array of rainbow colors and earrings that glow with ever shifting Pastel colors. That and the beautiful Macaw that accompanies her.

SuddenDawn

First Post
Aaron Wright

LogicsFate said:
A young human women enters and looks about hurridly as if looking for someone, disappointment flashes across her features as she goes to the bar. Whispering in close she talks to Joe. When he frowns and shakes his head she looks crushed.

With her heart not in it, she turns to the crowd. Elise, Abjurer.

Other than unnaturally silver hair, Elise is wholly unremarkable. Pale skin and small frame.
In fact, the first and sometimes only thing people notice is her sightly over sized cloak grey with orange trim, under which occationally flashes an array of rainbow colors and earrings that glow with ever shifting Pastel colors. That and the beautiful Macaw that accompanies her.

Aaron considers the newly arrived adventurer. Having introduced herself, Aaron speaks. "Elise, I am Aaron. Please join me for a moment. I find you beautiful companion intriguing."

Aaron completes the invitation by moving to make room.

LogicsFate

First Post
As Aaron breaks the silence, Elise looks over. Ligaea does tend to get the attention. She shrugs her sholder the Ligaea is perched, a signal it seems, as Ligaea preceeds her master to land lightly on the back of a chair. Elise takes one of the others, pausing to look at Ligaea. *nod*

Unexpectedly Ligaea looks to Aaron Hello

Well, Mr. Aaron, what brings you here?

SuddenDawn

First Post
Aaron Wright

LogicsFate said:
Unexpectedly Ligaea looks to Aaron Hello

Well, Mr. Aaron, what brings you here?

Turning his attention to Ligaea, Aaron speaks, "That is a valuable talent you have there. I have met birds before that have such agile voices that they can speak as with human language. However, with a wizard who can tell what may lie beneath the surface."

Having thus spoken, Aaron smiles at his two campanions and answers Elise's question. "Elise, Perhaps it is best to say that I was brought here by the changing winds and tides. I am a little familar with boats, but I even more familiar with storms. A boat is a wonderful machine that works very well to go from one point to another. Unfortunatly most of the time a boat is only used to go from one point to another, never learning what lies beyond the Horizon. Sometimes one will explore a little bit beyond the known, but will not stray too far. However a boat will sometimes be caught be a storm and be no longer able to control its destination and will find itself on unknown shores. Then discoveries are made."

"I have cut myself from my anchorage and am now traveling with the wind in the eager anticipation of the unknown."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads