• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
"Cut the leaves of a tree and they will regrow, cut the roots and the tree will die. Unless the bigger plan escape me, we have only cut a few leaves. The lich is the root of that evil." replies Opale to Planus.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen looks up from his meditation. The fire-desert elf contemplates this analogy. Is that how a tree lives? Or dies? Can the fruit be taken from the tree with the tree still living? It is no wonder that these are called the "land of plenty..."

(OOC: Just confirming that he's in the tavern...)

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin looks around at all the seasoned adventurers now in the Inn, smiling at his old acquaintance Kinkaid. "Well, shouldn't be too hard to find something...interesting to get into with this group around. And don't knock murder investigations, Ironwolf. I made quite a few pretty pennies off of a murder investigation. A couple of contacts as well."

Patlin

Explorer
"The murder investigation was a good contract." Ironwolf acknowledges. "Small, self contained, reasonably profitable and succesfull. What more can you ask for?"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Velmont said:
"Cut the leaves of a tree and they will regrow, cut the roots and the tree will die. Unless the bigger plan escape me, we have only cut a few leaves. The lich is the root of that evil." replies Opale to Planus.
Charlarn pipes up, "Cut off enough leaves and a plant will die. But I get your point. Destroying the root is faster and ensures the tree's death. We need to find the lich first."

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace

Jace lifts his head from his staff again. "So you only know that there is a lich, but have no other information about it? If you had perhaps a name, a divination could help you find it.

If you did find it, you may want a small army at your back.
"

B4cchus

Explorer
A very large build Orc, clad in smple clothes and a chainshort enters the inn. Pick pack has various weapons strapped on it. He makes his way through the crowd to the bar and adresses Joe "Hulgyr back, Joe! Hulgyr want a drink, ok Joe?" Joe stares at the big orc for a few seconds and then explains to him in a calm voice "First introduce yourseldf to the people Hulgyr. Tell them who you are. Then i'll get you a drink and a good meal!" Hulgyr gives Joe a blank stare for a few seconds and then, as if he suddenly 'gets it' his face lights up and relplies "Ok Joe! Hulgyr will tell em!".
After that Hulgyr walks to the small stage besides the bar and hollers through the inn at the top of his lung "Hello everybody! I am Hulgyr! And I am back! Now i get a drink from Joe!". After that Hulgyr walks back to Jow, smiling and says to him "I did it Joe! Now I get the drink, right?".

After recieving a big tankard from Joe Hulgyr walks up to Ironwolf "Hi Wolf! Can you help Hulgyr? Hulgyr is looking for someone to make him armour like yours... but only lighter. Do you know who makes those?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Good chance on of these guys can do it, Hulgyr. Let's see."

Ironwolf raises his voice and addresses the room.

"Hey, my good buddy Hulgyr here needs an armorer... and a Bard. Anyone here able to help?"

Patlin

Explorer
ethandrul said:
OOC- how long does it usually take to get a character approved and find an adventure?

ooc: Character aproval isn't too bad, but depends on how busy the character judges are. Usually less than a week if you use the proper form and show your work so that it's easy to review. It's hard to predict when adventures will pop up. I've had characters get in on one the same day, and characters who have been in the in for two to three months.

Let me take this opportunity to encourage all of you to try your hand at DMing a game! There are a ton of people in the inn right now, and more on the way. I've got a relatively high level (aimed at levels 6 to 9, the higher the better) adventure submitted, but we could use a few low and mid level adventures!

Maybe we should make a rule that whoever loses that dice game some of you are playing has to DM one! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads