• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lot

First Post
Lokin sips his new ale and rolls again, a one and six showing.

"Seven again? So, do I put money in because I rolled high or do I win because I rolled seven? Or do I put my own money in and then take it out again?"

Lokin eyes the new arrivals, suddenly feeling weak compared to the hulking orc and unimpressive next to the plate-mailed warrior.

"The competition is getting greater and the jobs are still not coming. Looks like supply and demand are working against me. I shouldn't taken that bug hunt or the caravan duty. Don't pay great but it beats sitting around a bar getting drunk."

The fighter pulls out a gold crown, tapping it absently against his banded armor. He then looks at Valan with a grin.

"At least I'm making a little money just sitting around."

ethandrul

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Character aproval isn't too bad, but depends on how busy the character judges are. Usually less than a week if you use the proper form and show your work so that it's easy to review. It's hard to predict when adventures will pop up. I've had characters get in on one the same day, and characters who have been in the in for two to three months.

Let me take this opportunity to encourage all of you to try your hand at DMing a game! There are a ton of people in the inn right now, and more on the way. I've got a relatively high level (aimed at levels 6 to 9, the higher the better) adventure submitted, but we could use a few low and mid level adventures!

Maybe we should make a rule that whoever loses that dice game some of you are playing has to DM one! ;)

ooc- heh- i'm here because i dm all the time at home and need a break from the screen!

Patlin

Explorer
ethandrul said:
ooc- heh- i'm here because i dm all the time at home and need a break from the screen!

ooc: I definitely understand that feeling, and for others they just have never DMd an online game and aren't sure they want too. Hopefully someone will give it a try anyway, or people could be in this inn for a long time. My personal theory is that short adventures are best in PbP, as even a short adventure can take 6 to 8 months realtime.

Dargon

First Post
Lord Baldrian listens intense to what is being told about the lich.

[sblock= OoC: ] I for one would not mind running a game. There is however, a few things keeping me back. 1. I am a Chaos DM, even in PnP games. I might have an lose idea of how the game is going to unfold but it never does because I let the world and game be influenced by the players, making the stuff up as game goes on. What I intended to be a dungeon crawl might end up as a murder mystery, without having the players get near the dungeon at all. 2. I am traveling the world until December and will have days were I simply do not have the time online to DM the game.
3. Then their is the fact that I am not a strong speller or grammar expert.

However, I think most in the Inn are waiting for the Mega adventure and would not run off now.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: "Chaos" DM's are fine, periodic absenses with warning beforehand are common for everyone, and I don't know about others but I don't grade my DMs on spelling or grammar!

Patlin

Explorer
ethandrul said:
OOC - SIGH... do i need to actually write the adventure out- or can i wing it?

ooc: You can do a bit of both. The proposal process has several goals, but one of the main ones is to let the judges help you fit your adventure into the living world. We rarely say "don't do that" but we often say things like "Hey, you know that monastery you mention in your adventure brief? There was one used in tournament of flowers, it'd be great for continuity if you used the same one." If things take an unexpected turn during the adventure, that's OK. The proposal in no way needs to be as complete as an actual module!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The Mega Adventure may be starting very soon, so no rush on the new adventures just yet. Honestly, depending on a post I am waiting for from Knight Otu, it could literally start today. Also, to eager players who are starting to try to commit an 'army' for this lich thing hoping it is the mega adventure, it is something else--just as a heads up.)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: The Mega Adventure may be starting very soon, so no rush on the new adventures just yet. Honestly, depending on a post I am waiting for from Knight Otu, it could literally start today. Also, to eager players who are starting to try to commit an 'army' for this lich thing hoping it is the mega adventure, it is something else--just as a heads up.)

ooc: Though my Lich is involved, at least to a certain extent! One of many pieces on the chessboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads