• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City State of the Invincible Overlord - worth it?

catsclaw227

First Post
Personally I prefer the Ptolus map, though the City State map is damn fine too. The style is more a throw back to 1ed city maps, whereas Ptolus is more contempory IMO.

The Ptolus map is excellent (especially my huge vinyl one. :) ), and the skeleton key battle maps they did were cool too.

I wish someone had done some of the battle maps for parts of the City State, but alas it was rare to get this kind of supplemental material when the Necro book was released.

Though, admittedly, Skeleton Key did some cool battlemap tiles for Rappan Athuk Reloaded.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
The Ptolus map is excellent (especially my huge vinyl one. :) ), and the skeleton key battle maps they did were cool too.

One of my regrets was not picking up the huge vinyl map when it was available. I picked up pretty much everything else - but not the map. I wish I had now!

Though, admittedly, Skeleton Key did some cool battlemap tiles for Rappan Athuk Reloaded.

The tiles are excellent. I must admit that I've as yet still not run RAR, but if I ever do the tiles will be invaluable.

catsclaw227

First Post
One of my regrets was not picking up the huge vinyl map when it was available. I picked up pretty much everything else - but not the map. I wish I had now!

I love my huge vinyl map, but unless you are running Ptolus and have a nice wall to post it on, it is not very effective as a game aid. :)

But, damn is it cool.

catsclaw227

First Post
The tiles are excellent. I must admit that I've as yet still not run RAR, but if I ever do the tiles will be invaluable.

I am about to run a 4e version of Slumbering Tsar, and with Rappan Athuk being mentioned heavily in the prologue, I may have the players try to survive a few levels. :)

I want to modify the levels with the SK tiles to match the player levels early levels, then add-in a way to drop to the level appropriate encounters. Or maybe not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads