• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cityscape ToC

NiTessine

Explorer
Greg K said:
I could be wrong, but I think Razz said that it covered a lot of stuff from a web enhancment for RoD.
The web enhancement for Races of Destiny was a short adventure, The Finalveil Cabal, which was not included in Cityscape.

The only thing I think should've been reprinted here from RoD is the City domain, actually. There seems to be a fair amount of overlap between the city chapter in RoD and Cityscape (surprising, I know). The latter just gives it a more in-depth treatment.

I don't have Cityworks, so can't say anything about that.

Soel

First Post
Greg K said:
I could be wrong, but I think Razz said that it covered a lot of stuff from a web enhancment for RoD.

Razz said it contained a lot of overlap from the DMG web enhancement.

The contents don't look so useful to me thus far, but that's because I already own Cityworks.
Reserving judgement until I can get a look at the book myself.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Greg K said:
I want to know how this book stacks up against Cityworks especially since Cityworks can be bought as .pdf for under $5

I was thinking that exactt same thing, especially since Cityworks is pretty solid on it's own and I picked it up during FFG's sale for $5. That's the hardcopy version mind you...

Psion

Adventurer
ShinHakkaider said:
I was thinking that exactt same thing, especially since Cityworks is pretty solid on it's own and I picked it up during FFG's sale for $5. That's the hardcopy version mind you...

I didn't find Cityworks "pretty solid".

That said, I've yet to find a city supplement that really pleases me, so while I am hopeful for Cityscape, I am braced for disappointment.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Aus_Snow said:
. . . is available, so they say. However, I'm having difficulty downloading it - what's up with that? Anyone else having the same problem?

Looking forward to perusing this, when it *is* available. :)
The bandwidth has probably been exceeded. I, too , am looking forward to actually seeing the ToC.

dargoth3

First Post
Would cityscape add anything to someone using the FR source book City of Splendors? and if so how much of the book would be useful?

Remove ads