• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cityscape ToC

morbiczer

First Post
I'm somewhat disappointed about the lack of an urban ranger or a druid, and I wouldn't have minded some extra PrCs, but I'm certainly going to buy this as it is.

Felon

First Post
Previous environment series books have included substitution levels for base classes, so it's certainly a disappointment that they're not presented here, in an "environment" that really needs an alternate approach to dungeoncrawlesque playstyle.

Ranes

Adventurer
There's an urban ranger in UA, if that helps. I don't know where you'd find an urban druid, I'm afraid. There might have been one in an issue of Dragon. I'll have to check...

Psion

Adventurer
morbiczer said:
I'm somewhat disappointed about the lack of an urban ranger or a druid

I personally think the idea of an urban druid is a little goofy...

But there's one in Dragon Compendium for those who want it. If we are scraping by for space, I'm glad to not see those concepts given space.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Felon said:
Previous environment series books have included substitution levels for base classes, so it's certainly a disappointment that they're not presented here, in an "environment" that really needs an alternate approach to dungeoncrawlesque playstyle.
I have Frostburn and Stormwrack and don't recall any substitution levels. Did the desert book have them?

But I agree that urban variants for classes would have been welcome.

Ranes

Adventurer
No. Sandstorm contains no substitution levels. If you really must have an urban druid and don't want to shell out for the Dragon Compendium, pick up back issue #317.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads