• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clan Rules

I made up rules for clans as background material for characters. THey are a prototype and I haven't tested them, and I'm looking for something better, but they seem ok to me:

Each character (though not all) may select a clan from the list for their race or make one up, writing up its stats and placing it in a location upon the world (Tyandarra). Each clan member has skills they get bonuses on for being raised and cultured in the ways/traditions of the clan. I'm not sure how to do the clan feats yet, but my idea was to have each character get one at 1st, and one at 5th and 10th, but the last two would be gained only through training with the clan (journey back, adventure hooks about PCs clans, etc.).

Example: Clan Shill-Nimmur

Environment: Caves near an underground lake/river

Skills: Profession (fisherman/fishing) +2, Knowledge (cavelore) +2, Survival (subterranean) +2, Craft (stone, gemcutting) +2

Clan Feats: Track, Skill Focus (one of the above skills), Master Craftsmen (my invention)

I also thought about having unique clan feats available, which would be different for most clans, but haven't acted on it yet.

Feedback, new ideas, and tweaks would be appreciated :) .

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The way I do starting regions is to give four class skills and four regional feats, normally +2/+2 skill feats. IMHO Humans seemed a little out of balance so I required that they take a background feat at first level, and that thier 4 bonus points be spent on regional skills.
half humans get the regional skills as class skills, and can take the feats if they wish. Demi humans usually have one class skill, and no regional feats.

Remove ads