Class Building Guide?

AslanC

Explorer
I was wondering if there was a guide on how to build a class and specifically their XP tables for AD&D 2nd Edition (or ever 1st)?

Cheers!

Dorian_Grey

First Post
I just use Player's Option: Skills & Power and use the class XP table for the class I draw the most from. So if it is a fighter heavy class, even if it has spell casting, I'll use fighter experience and saves tables.

Igwilly

First Post
I believe the Player’s Option series has some thoughts about that. According to Dorian_Grey, his classes used these books as a basis.

I have some classes in mind to create too. Warming up my design skills. Hope they end out good :D

outlander78

First Post
The 2E DMG had a guide. It wasn't exact though - if you used it to create the 'core' classes, they ended up costing more XP/level. This means that any class built using those guidelines would be at a disadvantage to a 'core' class.

Citan Uzuki

Explorer
The 2E DMG had a guide. It wasn't exact though - if you used it to create the 'core' classes, they ended up costing more XP/level. This means that any class built using those guidelines would be at a disadvantage to a 'core' class.

The DMG is the best way to get a good feel on creating a new class. You can use its information as a guideline and adjust it how you need to, in my opinion. I've developed classes based on Final Fantasy jobs using this method, but I did later adjust the experience values to more closely fit (albeit slightly higher than, normally) the core classes.

Hope this helps out!

Remove ads