Homebrew Class Specific Character Sheets: Marshal & Fighter

arms

Explorer
When I was trying my hand at making characters I got really frustrated with the lack of space in some places of the Level Up character sheet, my solution? Making my own character sheet. It started relatively small with a generic sheet but soon grew into the project I'm currently working on: getting all classes their own character sheet. I have currently 10 classes in a workable state and would love some feedback. Here are the Marshal and Fighter sheets.

Attachments

• Character sheets Marshal v2.0.pdf
    578.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Character sheets Fighter v2.0.pdf
    580.1 KB · Views: 168

Pedantic

Legend
This is lovely! I really appreciate breaking out saving throws and movement speeds, and you've done a similar "defenses" area to what I've tried in my designs, and I love the extra rows for actions in combat, plus the maneuver formatting.

The only thing I'd call out is the positioning of the proficiency bonus. Skill checks in A5E tend to involve referencing an ability, then scanning the skill list to determine if proficiency and/or an expertise applies. I've found putting proficiency as close as possible the skills themselves makes it easier for a player to scan from "Charisma (+2), Persuasion (+3) uh, does my Dealmaking specialty apply? (+1d4)."

I've actually set my sheet up to write out proficiency repeatedly for each skill it applies to, which might be overkill but does seem to slightly speed up play. Some means of relocating proficiency so the scan isn't "top of sheet->middle of sheet->top of sheet again" would help, maybe even just moving proficiency below ability scores, or duplicating it near skills.

arms

Explorer
This is lovely! I really appreciate breaking out saving throws and movement speeds, and you've done a similar "defenses" area to what I've tried in my designs, and I love the extra rows for actions in combat, plus the maneuver formatting.

The only thing I'd call out is the positioning of the proficiency bonus. Skill checks in A5E tend to involve referencing an ability, then scanning the skill list to determine if proficiency and/or an expertise applies. I've found putting proficiency as close as possible the skills themselves makes it easier for a player to scan from "Charisma (+2), Persuasion (+3) uh, does my Dealmaking specialty apply? (+1d4)."

I've actually set my sheet up to write out proficiency repeatedly for each skill it applies to, which might be overkill but does seem to slightly speed up play. Some means of relocating proficiency so the scan isn't "top of sheet->middle of sheet->top of sheet again" would help, maybe even just moving proficiency below ability scores, or duplicating it near skills.
So what if I added prof bonus in between the skill and the expertise die then, do you think that would solve it?

arms

Explorer
If you don't mind the extra column, I think that's probably the easiest solution to use at the table.
1690970748682.png
seems to be working

Pedantic

Legend
That looks great to me! I'd absolutely get use out of these, they look a little more conventional than what I put together and I think my players would prefer that, even if I think it makes sense to break all abilities down into action types. :p

Remove ads