Classic D&D of All Eras Back In Print

Print on Deman

Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild?

(I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
As of right now they have 27 titles. Very eclectic.

Depending on the product, they have hardcovers, softcovers, and cards. 4E compatible Gamma World now has a whole new lease on life!

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
Ive bought color PODs from drive through, they are sturdy books, well done. Super excited that the entire library of D&D is now back in print. This is great news!!

Now to make my Planescape wishlist a reality

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Keep in mind that many of these come from scanned copies of the products (just like the PDFs themselves), they won't be the same quality as the original product, but they'll be the best they can be under those circumstances.

Zansy

Explorer
I've only really played 3rd and 5th edition, but what I'd REALLY like to see available is some Dark Sun stuff :3 I'd pay to learn about/play/run that.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I would love to see some of the out of print box sets in print too.

Well, one of the products up there is the Hollow World boxed set, so there's some hope for reprints on some of the boxed sets. Though it's being printed as a single softcover book rather than as a boxed set. I own that boxed set and I think it would make the maps really annoying to use - the D&D Rules Cyclopedia had maps of Mystara carved up into pages and inserted into it and I never liked how that turned out.

(OTOH - if they had it in hardcover I might actually think about ponying up the money for it. )

gweinel

Explorer
Well, one of the products up there is the Hollow World boxed set, so there's some hope for reprints on some of the boxed sets. Though it's being printed as a single softcover book rather than as a boxed set. I own that boxed set and I think it would make the maps really annoying to use - the D&D Rules Cyclopedia had maps of Mystara carved up into pages and inserted into it and I never liked how that turned out.

(OTOH - if they had it in hardcover I might actually think about ponying up the money for it. )

I see. I was hoping for a full treatment having in mind some faboulous (and expensive) planescape box sets...

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I see. I was hoping for a full treatment having in mind some fabulous (and expensive) planescape box sets...

Yeah - I don't think Print On Demand technology is quite there yet - at least not in a way that's cheap enough to turn a profit. I'd settle for them figuring out how to cheaply print the giant poster maps that came in so many of the supplements back in the day - not just the boxed sets, but a lot of the saddle-stitched supplement booklets came with a good-sized poster map. A few of my very old Gazeteer maps have become unusable through overuse (Gaz1 & Gaz3 in particular, since back in the day I set many a campaign in either Karameikos or Glantri) and I wouldn't mind buying a newly printed-on-demand copy of those books if I were going to get replacement poster maps with them.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases