Classical Greece - D20

Tuerny

First Post
It looks good. My only real comic is about the use of +1 ability modifiers for your human races. It is generally frowned upon because it is very easy to min-max.

Mithras

First Post
Mmmm, I see what you mean, but I made each 'race' as appealing (in my view as a player anyway). I wanted that Greek regionalism to be a factor since non-human races aren't really very feasible.

Thanks for looking it over!

Paul

Evil Josef

First Post
I agree with the previous poster. The +1/-1's are too easy to take advantage of, and besides that, the historical background - at least for me - would be just as good flavor as any, but I've always been kind of a romantic in that regard. :)

Other than that, Heroes of Delphi looks fabulous! I'd certainly love to run a game under the theme. I've tried once before, with a broader Roman-esque high fantasy game that unfortunately petered out, but I'm always interested in historically based fantasy settings. Very good work!

Mithras

First Post
Josef, thanks. I do appreciate the comments. In fact, good or bad I take all criticism onboard. Its easy just to keep on writing and forget what it looks like from the outside. My adaptation isn't playtested (yet) but I'm looking forward to doing that very soon!

I made some comments and notes on a Roman D20 conversion in my RPG-history column over on RPG.Net. The URL is: http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/columns/tempus27dec01.html

Best!

Remove ads