• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Classless 4e and adaptation for the Superhero Genre

Wraith Form

Explorer
Sorry, I should have specified--in M&M the players start at 10th level right out of the gate, unlike D&D where the characters start at 1st level. ;) They don't gradually build to their power level, they begin the game with it!

That does change the approach to character-building...

invokethehojo

First Post
I have also developed a classless super-esque game based on 4e if anyone wants to give it a look. Although I have taken a different approach and used 4e mechanics as a base to jump off in a different direction. The system is based on simple and easy gameplay that can be easily run... but also is easily customizable.

If you want to take a look go here
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...-rpg-d-d-4th-edition-based-heroes-legend.html

I should say that I love arscott's idea here, and if there is ever a book on this I would buy it immediately... but until then I dread the idea of having a player ask me "I want to make (insert complicated, multi-powered super hero)... make me the power tree for him.

I made Heroes of Legend simple, the powers I included fit within the mechanics and don't have any up-to-the-DM variables... but it also is supposed to be changeable and house ruleable so that anyone can make it what they want. That way if a player comes to me and says, "I want my guy to read minds" I can make up a power that we are both satisfied with and be done.

Last edited:

scarik

First Post
Wraith Form said:
Sorry, I should have specified--in M&M the players start at 10th level right out of the gate, unlike D&D where the characters start at 1st level. ;) They don't gradually build to their power level, they begin the game with it!

That does change the approach to character-building...

Well there's nothing stopping you from starting the game at Paragon levels, once you hit 15 you get your 4th daily and now have to swap them to get new ones, only Utilities continue to accrue.

I think if you were going to play a game based on the Avengers or the JLA this would be a good start, but to catpure the full gamut or heros its good to include the path to power.

The Xmen were fairly mild when they first hit the shelf after all.

invokethehojo said:
I have also developed a classless super-esque game based on 4e

I shall check it out.

Remove ads