D&D 4E Classless 4e and adaptation for the Superhero Genre

arscott

First Post
Inspired by posts on this forum about classless 4e, I've been working on a 4e-based superhero game. It's not quite classless, but it retains the idea of everyone picking their powers from one big list without sacrificing 4e's tactical depth. Here's what I've got so far--I appreciate your comments (please note though, nothing's been playtested. At this stage, it's more about design concept than balance)

Great Responsibility: Introduction
Creating Spider Man, Part I: Origins
Creating Spider Man, Part II: Class Features
Creating Spider Man, Part III: Powers

seekerpsion2012

First Post
Super Hero Genre

Great work, very interesting.

I've been working on a superhero game for myself recently, based mostly off Marvel's Ultimate imprint titles, with a little Heroes thrown in. It's really just so i can run a 4e supers game for my group - a bit of fun, im sure the design has holes.

Basically I've done up a bunch of new classes:

Blaster: Striker. Their signature ability is Power Blast.
Brute: Defender. Tanks with Super strength.
Elementalist: Controller. Masters of elements and forces.
Gadgeteer: Defender. Inventors who use Science as a weapon.
Healer: Leaders. Healers command the vital essence of life, mending bones and even raising the dead.
Nova: Striker. Space and time are the playgrounds of Nova’s, striking from nowhere.
Paragon: Leader. Pillars of Virtue leading other to conquer evil.
Psion: Controller. The power of the Psion is the power of thought itself.
Scrapper: Defender. Legends speak of men won’t stay on the ground.
Shapeshifter: Striker. Shape and form mould to the wishes of a metamorph.

I've also added Augmentations (super-powers) [40 or so], new skills (Technology, Medicine, Science), feats (Power Stunts), an a little modern equiptment. I'm only going to do the class powers up to level 1 initially, because it would take forever to do up 30 levels of powers. I'm going to get my players to help with power creation as their characters level.

If you want a copy of my file, send me an email: <A href="mailto:seekerpsion2012@hotmail.com">seekerpsion2012@hotmail.com
Sorry but the file format is for ms publisher, its about 30 pages so far (7 - 8 megabites - i like pretty artwork).

Its very much so a work in progress at the moment, and as you'll see on the file. I'm happy for everyone to let me know what they think.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the console game, is perhaps one of the better inspirations for doing something like this. If you pick up the Brady Games guide book, you've got a whole swath of cool powers and effects (costumes!) ready to convert.

Cheers,
Cam

Tod316uk

First Post
In complete agreement. It's nice to see you've approached the idea of 4th ed supers with the same internal logic of the base system. I for one would pay for a completed book! Excelsior!

Wraith Form

Explorer
I'm anxious to see how you've thought of "amping up" stats. I mean, an 18 STR won't cut it, obviously, if you want to have Terrax punch The Thing across a rooftop and through 4 Manhattan office buildings.

Remove ads