• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Claymores

Tsyr

Explorer
I would be very careful ordering from Museum Replicas... A lot of their Windlass Steelcrafts line (which is most of their stuff) seems to be tempered too brittle... I've heard stories of them snapping, and from the few peices I own, I can attest they are a bit harder than I prefer my steel tempered. They might have gotten better about that, though.

Barcode

First Post
MGibster said:

I'm betting you're not planning on using this claymore to kill Scots or Englishmen.

Well, I don't think many people really plan to kill Scots or Englishmen, but if the situation came up, and I had to, I think it'd be stylish to use a Claymore. :)

I bought a replica of El Cid's sword in Toledo, Spain, from a reputable smith. The price difference between the balanced one with the steel hilt and the decorative one with the brass hilt was significant, but not huge. I have since regretted getting the cheaper one, just because the thing is so unwieldy just carrying it around and showing it off. A balanced weapon is so much more fun to play with.

Oni

First Post
Angcuru said:

Personally I'd avoid buying from here, they're way overpriced for what they sell.

As was stated above definately go and check out www.swordforum.com if you want to get a decent sword there isn't a better place to start your research.

Once you break free from the realm of crappy sword like objects there is still a big variance in what you can buy so your avialable funds will make a big difference. On the cheaper but still reputable end of things you might check out something like Del Tin on the opposite end of the spectrum it'll pretty much be custom jobs.

Off the top of my head though I will say if you want a realistic, decent weapon (and I'm assuming you do with your request for something that'll return to true when flexed) and not just a decorative wallhanger you can expect to part with at least $400-500 maybe more.

takyris

First Post
Try Albion Armorers -- when I was shopping around for swords, they looked good, and were happy to answer my questions on the phone.

http://www.albionarmorers.com

I don't know as much about swords as I used to know, but I do know that they carry a lot of Del Tin stuff, which is generally considered good.

-Tacky

PS: Yeah, like other people said, don't let your ego get in the way of you getting the sword you want. Don't pay $400 if you just plan on hanging it on the wall. Don't pay $75 if you plan on actually swinging it.

Remove ads