D&D 5E Cleric Love Domain Adjustments

slipshot762

Villager
I fail to see exactly what is "problematic" about it given that love is a somewhat subjective concept that can make a man murder jedi children for fear of losing a loved one, especially in a world where you can disintegrate a rival in a love triangle or polymorph the rogue into a more lovable sheep than the rat he started as. Why does no one find the typical vampire romance, with their ability to dominate another with their gaze, also "problematic". And on that note I find the usage of the word "problematic" to be "problematic" since literally everything to include gravity is open to debate; like prove to me right now that we are not just brains in jars on Azalin's shelf enjoying a very lucid illusion of a subjective normality...can't do it can you...that's "problematic". The wish spell..."I wish carl's character was a beautiful woman madly in love with me.." has been with us since Gygax first realized that D4's are also caltrops and that one day, somewhere, a chart for what happens when you use daggers as sling ammo will be needed.

pemerton

Legend
Wouldn't a love cleric have abilities to do with love? In the context of 5e this seems like it should interact with the Bonds, Ideals and Flaw system. That- and maybe alignment - is where a character's passions are recoreded on the PC sheet.

Rikka66

Adventurer
Wouldn't a love cleric have abilities to do with love? In the context of 5e this seems like it should interact with the Bonds, Ideals and Flaw system. That- and maybe alignment - is where a character's passions are recoreded on the PC sheet.

That would be very revolutionary for 5e, considering nothing else in the system interacts with character traits like that.

Remove ads