D&D 5E Climbing and falling

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Also, that picture looks cool. So, what's the DC of that piece of rock? :)
Thanks! It is a beautiful spot. You have a small lagoon area below the falls (which for reference are only about 5-6 feet or so). When we have good rains it fills up decently and becomes the local "swimming hole". It is less than a half mile from our house.

Well, it has been a LONG time, but I would rate it at about DC 10 (Easy). If you are careful, there are enough things to use for holds that spacing isn't an issue really. But, while there are lots of handholds, much of the rock is brittle or loose around the dirt and you really have to be careful. Finding plants/roots is your better bet as long as you can test them. You can't see the top of the ridge in the photo, but it isn't too much further than the photo shows. I would guess the entire climb is only about 40-45 maybe? One thing I can tell you IME in such situations, you are NOT climbing at half speed. Moving 15 feet (30 with a dash action) while climbing in 6 seconds would be INSANE!

Looking back at my childhood and all the dumb things I did, I am amazed I lived through it sometimes.

Remove ads